We stayed here for 8 nights in September. It wasn't the first time we'd stayed at South Seas and I thought we'd gotten an excellent Florida resident deal on a one bedroom beach condo. I noticed on the website it says the decor may differ from the pictures on the website which I found out was a huge understatement. We checked in and the room they gave us had not been updated since it was built. I called the front desk and they explained that some of the units are privately owned and she would look for another one for us, but she wasn't sure what was available. I called back and I told her I would pay extra and asked for a 2 bedroom, but I wanted one with a view (the original beach villa looked at the back of the pool shed) and one that had been updated. I knew I had a better chance of getting what I wanted if I paid more and I was right. Once we moved and I got over having to pay more for what I wanted ($95 more per night), we were happy. Everything was extrememly clean, etc. The property is well kept and the beaches are beautiful. I understand it isn't their fault that unit owners don't update their condos and now I know to ask a few more questions when I think I'm getting such an awesome rate. Overall, it was a wonderful trip, but you may want to prepare yourself that the pictures online and what the rooms actually look like can be extremely different. And despite this one experience that started off a little rough, I will absolutely return to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida