We stayed in the South Seas for a week, and LOVED it. We are a family of 4 (2 year old, 6 month old, husband and wife) and it was a perfect spot for us!
We stayed in the South Seas area (south resort) which had perfect access to most of the key resort areas (Main Pool, Ship Store, Harborside, Pointe, Docks, Golf Course, etc etc). The size, decor, condition, and cleanliness of the condo/rooms was outstanding! Exceeded our expectations. Full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, dining area, living room, and nice screened in porch overlooking the ocean and golf course.
The resort was much larger than expected, but staying on the south end of the resort made it much smaller, as most items of interest are there. Each group of condos/houses has it's own private pool, which is nice -- but the main resort pools are even better, and perfect for kids! The zero entry pool with fountains was perfect for kids, and the waterslides in the H2Whoa pool were fast and fun! Outstanding facilities. Didn't get to play on the golf course, but hope to next time -- it looked amazing! Beautiful views everywhere you looked, the facilities were spotless. All staff were always eager to help you out.
Food at all of the restaraunts was consistently good, albeit expensive. Expect to pay DOUBLE what you'd normally pay for food, liquor, etc. at restaraunts and the ship store...but in many cases, it was worth it. Ate at Harborside twice -- once takeout and once at the restaraunt. The main dishes were VERY GOOD. Got a $18 burger here for takeout -- but it was almost worth $18 -- it was a REALLY good burger. Never got to eat at the Pointe, but heard good things. Ate at the BBQ place once . Good BBQ and sides -- great briskett! The ship store made good breakfast sandwiches for a good quick meal. Scoops and Slices had good pizza -- similar to Pizza Hut Pan Pizza style crust, and of course the ice cream was good.
Overall a VERY good experience. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida