“Wonderful wildlife observed while kayaking”

Adventure Sea Kayak
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Sea Kayak-SUP Wildlife Tours & Adventures is a family owned and operated guide service that is now in it's second generation. Owned and operated by Captain John Houston, the focus of each tour is to educate, inform and have fun in and around the waters of Pine Island Sound and the Gulf of Mexico. We also offer Kayaks & Stand Up Paddle rentals and Paddle Yoga classes. All trips depart from Tween Waters Inn Marina on Captiva Island, located at 15951 Captiva Dr. - Captiva, Florida 33924.As a family of old Florida we love to pass on the stories of Barrier Island Life from the settling era of coastal Florida and historical influence of old Cuba fishing and the Calusa culture.
Victor, New York, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Wonderful wildlife observed while kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

It had rained overnight, and my husband and were the only ones on the tour with Colin. He spotted so much wildlife - manatees, dolphins, alligator, live shells and hundreds of birds! It was a great paddle and I would go again on my next visit!

Visited January 2012
9 Thank Mabelle P

Jasper, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highlight of my vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I took a 2 hour kayak excursion with Adventure Sea Kayak on New Year's Day. Our guide Keith was excellent and took us across the sound and through the mangroves. We saw Ospreys, Egrets, lots of fish and had a wonderful time. keith not only was knowledgable about the wildlife, but also discussed the history of the islands and the effects of Hurricane Charley in 2004 on the local ecology and the importance of preserving the mangroves.

Our kayak trip was the highlight of our vacation and this trip is highly recommended!

Visited January 2012
7 Thank Arthropol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Florida's natural beauty narrated by a friendly and knowledgable guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a great time! The guide was friendly and informative and gave good instructions to make the trip both memorable and pleasant! We saw native birds, crabs, a Lightening welk, Sanibel Drill, manatees, jumping fish and even a shark! It was a FANTASTIC experience!

4 Thank Anne3268
home
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“fun for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Colin gave our family a very nice tour. We enjoyed it very much.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank homeron
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredible Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

This Kayak tour was absolutely my favorite thing I did while visiting Florida. The two hour trip around Buck Key was amazing. Our guide, Naturalist Colin Carpenter, spoke about the wildlife and foliage as well as some interesting history of the area. The information he shared as he pointed out the various shells, fish, birds and manatee was fascinating. At the end of the tour I felt a connection to all the natural beauty as well as a deepened understanding of the complexed eco system of beautiful Southwest Florida. I had no Kayaking experience but after our guide showed me a few moves I felt like an old pro. I would highly recommend this tour for everyone. I will definitely be back!

Visited May 2011