“fun for the family”

Adventure Sea Kayak
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Sea Kayak-SUP Wildlife Tours & Adventures is a family owned and operated guide service that is now in it's second generation. Owned and operated by Captain John Houston, the focus of each tour is to educate, inform and have fun in and around the waters of Pine Island Sound and the Gulf of Mexico. We also offer Kayaks & Stand Up Paddle rentals and Paddle Yoga classes. All trips depart from Tween Waters Inn Marina on Captiva Island, located at 15951 Captiva Dr. - Captiva, Florida 33924.As a family of old Florida we love to pass on the stories of Barrier Island Life from the settling era of coastal Florida and historical influence of old Cuba fishing and the Calusa culture.
home
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“fun for the family”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Colin gave our family a very nice tour. We enjoyed it very much.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank homeron

Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredible Adventure”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This Kayak tour was absolutely my favorite thing I did while visiting Florida. The two hour trip around Buck Key was amazing. Our guide, Naturalist Colin Carpenter, spoke about the wildlife and foliage as well as some interesting history of the area. The information he shared as he pointed out the various shells, fish, birds and manatee was fascinating. At the end of the tour I felt a connection to all the natural beauty as well as a deepened understanding of the complexed eco system of beautiful Southwest Florida. I had no Kayaking experience but after our guide showed me a few moves I felt like an old pro. I would highly recommend this tour for everyone. I will definitely be back!

Visited May 2011
6 Thank dianeob57
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I loved the kayak trip. Colin our tour guide was very informative and made the trip enjoyable. I would recommend it to anyone! Small group, which was very nice as well. Saw many exciting things, and overall it was such a great experience. Loved everything about it.

Visited March 2011
4 Thank alg2212
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Awesome experience!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Our tour guide was awesome and very knowledgeable! He made sure we were having a good time and enjoying ourselves. I would definitely do it again! The sights are beautiful! Its a must when traveling to Tween Waters or Captiva!

Visited March 2011
3 Thank kell2088
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect morning for kayaking”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Over the past weekend my daughter and I decided to go on a 2 hr nature kayak tour. Our trip took off from ‘Tween Waters Inn on Captiva and was wonderful. Our guide was Colin. My 9 year old loved being able to paddle herself around and see all the wildlife, it wasn’t too hard to keep us on track when she didn’t paddle because we choose a 2 person kayak! YEAH! We were able to see many species of wildlife from a Tulip snail/conch that Colin reached in and picked out of the water to multiple bird species, including osprey and a pair of nesting bald eagles! It was awesome. We went through calmer waters also and saw a boat that wrecked in hurricane Charlie; my daughter thought that was cool. She also loved the little cove we paddled into from the maze of mangroves we went through. I think the island was called Buck Island that we paddled through it was awesome. On the way back to ‘Tween waters we saw a manatee playing in the water! It was a wonderful experience and we will do again soon. I recommend this to anyone young or old.

Visited April 2011