“Tops for local seafood, great bar, beautiful place”

Harbourside Bar & Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OUR SIGNATURE RESTAURANT OVERLOOKING THE YACHT HARBOUR AND MARINA Open for Breakfast & Dinner South Seas' family casual restaurant Harbourside Bar & Grill serves both traditional breakfast fare and dinner favorites including steak, fresh catch, pasta, delicious sides and signature cocktails. Indoor and outdoor dining is available overlooking Yacht Harbour Marina. The fishing village-inspired décor is at once charming and intimate. Sidle up to the U-bar to watch TV or order libations while the kids are just steps away in a reserved play area. South Seas has taken great care to ensure the menu items showcase the bounty of Gulf seafood available. The fish is caught locally in the waters surrounding Captiva Island - home to the most sought-after delicacies in the world. By commissioning local fishermen in the procurement of dining selections, Harbourside offers you the freshest selection and finest cuisine from the Gulf of Mexico.
Orlando, Florida
“Tops for local seafood, great bar, beautiful place”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

If you come to Captiva or Sanibel, don't miss this place for real Florida seafood. My blackened Red Snapper was awesome, and it was real Red Snapper too, a rarity in Florida.
Awesome view of the yachts in the harbor, and a great bar too!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank usjetjock

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific Family Outing”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We were a bit skeptical taking our 3 young children out to such a nice restaurant, but from the moment we arrived we were met with terrific service. Our hostess, waiter and other waitstaff could not have been more accomodating. There is even a small play area for children - although our children were more than happy to take quick walk outside to see the boats docked in the marina.
The children's menu is more than just hotdogs and chicken fingers and the daily fish specials were delicious. I honestly felt the prices were fair considering the quality of food and the waterside dining atmosphere. $25 for a fresh fish entree is about the norm as far as I know.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Eric S
London
“Rich tasty food (Part of South Seas Resort)”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We enjoyed the well-prepared sea-food. The dishes were rich. The service was responsive. The restaurant is part of the South Seas Resort; so like the other venues, it was a bit over-priced.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank BrianF71
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Dinner with my wife and two teenage daughters was a enjoyable first night dinner on Captiva. We sat outside overlooking the marina. Service was prompt and courteous, the food was very good, and prices in line for a resort restaurant. We would both recommend and plan to return.

1 Thank TMP101
White Plains, New York
“Okay food but overpriced”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I ate at Harbourside Grill on our first night staying at South Seas. We had a $75 dollar credit toward dining there as part of the package we booked. We didn’t have a reservation (we were going to grab a quick bite at Holy Smokes but they stopped serving at 8pm) and we were told there would be a wait even though there were plenty of empty tables. Our wait wasn’t very long at all, just puzzling as to why there even was a wait. The atmosphere is nice and the service was VERY friendly. We ordered a crab cake appetizer (not very memorable so I’m not 100% sure that’s what we got), and for dinner I got a salad and a side dish as I wasn’t too hungry and my husband ordered a burger which was gigantic and cost $18. Our whole bill with two glasses of wine came to $100. We were glad that we had the credit and only paid about $25 plus tip because the food was alright but nothing spectacular-I’d never go back and spend $100 of my own there when there are other places I can get a better meal and more food for that money on Captiva/Sanibel. It's a decent enough place to eat if you don't want to leave the resort but I'd recommend looking at other restaurants off the resort first if you want to get more for your money.

• Visited September 2011