“Amazing view, food, and service.”

Harbourside Bar & Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OUR SIGNATURE RESTAURANT OVERLOOKING THE YACHT HARBOUR AND MARINA Open for Breakfast & Dinner South Seas' family casual restaurant Harbourside Bar & Grill serves both traditional breakfast fare and dinner favorites including steak, fresh catch, pasta, delicious sides and signature cocktails. Indoor and outdoor dining is available overlooking Yacht Harbour Marina. The fishing village-inspired décor is at once charming and intimate. Sidle up to the U-bar to watch TV or order libations while the kids are just steps away in a reserved play area. South Seas has taken great care to ensure the menu items showcase the bounty of Gulf seafood available. The fish is caught locally in the waters surrounding Captiva Island - home to the most sought-after delicacies in the world. By commissioning local fishermen in the procurement of dining selections, Harbourside offers you the freshest selection and finest cuisine from the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The first night on the resort the lady that checked us in said to eat at this place. Ask for Clevous as your waiter he is awsome, I had Blackened Red fish, my wife had seafood pasta which we both loved. Make reservations because I saw many people get turned away. My 2 year old had grilled cheese which he loved. The crab cake app is great to.

1  Thank limo4fun
There are newer reviews for Harbourside Bar & Grill

Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed at Southseas last May and are returning this May 14th thru the 20th and we cannot wait to get back. Of all the great places to eat at the resort Harbourside is the BEST. Steaks are great. Lobster tails are fresh and delicious and my 2 twin daughters to this day remember that Amber , our waitress was great to them.....We were at Southseas for 7 days and dined at Harbourside 4 out of 7 days for dinner and twice for lunch. GREAT RESTAURANT, GREAT VIEWS, MANY YACHTS DAILY. I HONESTLY CANNOT WAIAT TO RETURN.

1  Thank twins0602
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We went there on our son's birthday. Ordered mussels for appetizer, sword fish for my husband, seafood linguini for me, and fish sticks for our son. The mussels were in this delicious creamy sause that was unusual & all three of us enjoyed them very much. Their pretzel bread and the mustard (?) butter was so good, we asked for 2nd. Our son devoured 2 rolls of them dipping in the mussel sauce. The linguini & our son's fish stick were both great. (By the way, that's not your usual prefrozen fish stick. It's real fish as in fish & chip! Yum!) My husband's sword fish was also delicious, but he was certain that it was not sword fish. It did had the same flavor as our son's fish stick. Mahi Mahi, maybe??? The funny thing that we noticed was that the chef must like creamy sauce, which ended up on all of our dish expept the fish sticks. So it became a bit heavy after a while. Unfortunately, the service was somewhat indifferent. Our waitress was very impersonal & didn't even smile once. Maybe cultural? Yet, we saw another waiter being talkative & friendly. Maybe tired of serving for a family w/kids everyday?? I informed our waitress that it was our son's birthday, and they did send a delicious chocolate cake w/a candle for him to blow, which made our son incredibley happy. So although we wished there were some kind of geniune "happy birthday" from the wait staff, I guess we can't expect some people to smile when they are not used to. In stead, other patrons gave him birthday wishes from their tables. That was very sweet & make our son feel special. We'll gladly go back there to dine again, but hope they do more customer service training on the wait staff.

4  Thank meow_10
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We decided upon arriving at the South Seas Plantation to go to the Harbourside Bar & Grill for our first dinner. The place was empty. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the yachts and marina. Our waiter took 10 minutes, despite the fact that there were only 2 tables occupied, to acknowledge us. He demanded my room card before he could serve us one drink. I ordered the twin lobster tails and my husband ordered the fresh grouper. They were both outstanding although they were covered in a fattening cream sauce. My daughter ordered the chicken fingers which was a generous child's portion. When we got our check they charged us $56 for one glass of "house" wine. We needed to wait 10 minutes to get the manager to make the correction. They still charged us $14 for one glass of wine. The most I have ever paid on any vacation I have ever gone on. I thought the wine was $7. As a result, we didn't go back. However, the dinner was the best we had on the island.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

I am always leary of resort dining and had seen reviews that said dining at South Seas was sub-par, yet Harbourside was fabulous. After dining off resort our first two days, we decided to try dinner at Harbourside. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full and the food and service were fabulous. We have a toddler and they have a small kids corner with toys and books which our son enjoyed and the staff were more than happy to play with and pick-up after him. The ceasar salad was large and very good. We had filet mignon and fish, snapper or grouper, as entrees, both excellent. The childrens meals were the same food (beef, chicken, fish) as the adult meals, but priced at only $6 to $9--much better than the grilled cheese and chicken fingers you get at other places. The night after we went to Harbourside we went off resort but were disappointed with what we found, so after driving around for 45 minutes we returned to Harbourside for a second night and were equally impressed. Highly recommend.

1  Thank NOVAfamily0f4