“Closed . . .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shuckers Dockside Bar & Grill

Shuckers Dockside Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami Beach, Florida
“Closed . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a great restaurant with a beautiful view at sunset and for 4th of July celebrations. Unfortunately, the restaurant is closed due to safety issues, and no date has been set to re-open. I am a local who loved this place, so if it does open again, I'll post another review.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DawnTheresa

Manchester,UK
“Great choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Views across the water.Busy at times with short waiting times.Good choice of meals,something for everyone.

Visited May 2013
winnipeg
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The service was brutal, we had to wait so long for our drinks, then food, then the bill. The young lady did not want to be working that day. Food was good and reasonable.

Visited January 2013
Valley, NE
“Mehhh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went to Shuckers after we got to the Best Western on the Bay. We had had a long day traveling and since we got our drink coupons for a free drink, we thought that would be a good idea to wind down.
We got down there, the view was gorgeous and we sat on the deck. Our waitress came over and she was pleasant. We ordered drinks and oysters on the half shell.
One thing about this place that was really awesome was that you didn't have to wait that long for your food. It seemed to come right out within 5...less than 10 minutes.
We both ordered fish sandwiches. I forget what my husband ordered, but I ordered the Mahi Mahi fish sandwich. Everything came right out and it was pretty good. The fish quality was good, but I guess I just had higher hopes for the sea food. Maybe we shouldn't have ordered a sandwich, but I guess I just had a little bit higher standards.
The one thing we did kind of find annoying was that we werent informed at the front desk (at the hotel) that the drink coupons were for specific drinks. We thought we could just use them for any drink we ordered. Once we were informed of that we both went with this Hawaiian beer...I can't remember the name of it, but the waitress kept pushing it so we thought we would try it. It ended up coming out in the smallest glass ever so we felt a little rippped off in that sense, but hey, I guess a free drink is a free drink.
We also thought it was annoying that they add a gratuity for the waitresses. I feel like they only do that in really classy, top notch places. This place just seemed like a bar and grill...granted it has a really nice view- I just didn't feel like our waitress deserved the gratuity because though she was friendly, she hardly checked on us at all and they weren't that busy.
I felt like our total bill over all was way more than it should have been for what we got- but maybe that's just the difference in cost of living in Miami.
I do have to say that even though their sea food was just okay...their "special grilled" (served dipped in buffalo sauce and then char buffed) wings were really good! We got an order of wings to go and they were delicious.

• Visited May 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great view, great staff, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent a lot of time in Shuckers over a two week period, the staff are great, they are very helpful and friendly, they remember you and what you drink and make you feel most welcome.
The food is good and the menu has something for everybody.
Recommend !!