“a magnificient view of the bay”

Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina
Reviewed July 18, 2014

what a surprise when I climbed the stairs to go to my room! The atmosphere, the view of the bay and pool, everything was really beautiful. The room was spacious and nice. Nearby, there is something to eat (for me subway). This is a place I will certainly return

Room Tip: my room was on the third floor I think. It had a view of the pool and just across the bay. Quiet and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Margootton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We spent 3 nights there.
The big plus is the free parking, which is quite uncommon in the Miami area.
It might be a little too far away from Miami Beach, but there's a bus stop right next to the Hotel and this bus brings you directly to South Beach (which takes about 45min).
I can't say anything bad about the room, it was nice and clean.
Can recommend to stay here, even though i would maybe take a Hotel in Miami Beach next time (which is of course also a question of budget).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeR1989
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel had clean and spacious rooms and plenty of free parking. That's a hat trick in my book. The employees are super friendly and the pool area is very nice. The restaurant they are renovating looks like it will be awesome when it reopens. We only made it to the free breakfast on our last day because breakfast is over at 9:00 AM and I am not getting up early on vacation. That was too bad because I was very impressed by the breakfast and what they served but unfortunately because they end it so early, the place is packed and has long lines and not enough seating. It was still very good. I know others have said the neighborhood was not great; that's garbage. It's a great location. Very safe area with tremendous access to everything you need, except the beach. This is not a beach front hotel and if that is what you want this is not the right hotel. I go to Miami to visit family and the pool is just fine for me. This was the first time I ever stayed at a Best Western and I have to tell you, it won't be the last. Oh yeah, I forgot the free wifi, coffee make, and fridge. What else do you need.

Room Tip: Our room was called a city view room. Looked out over a parking lot but yes you can see the bay from...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AAL530
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I have been staying at this Great Hotel on Biscayne Bay for years!!!
The location is perfect! Out of the Hustle and Bustle, but close enough to get to South Beach or Sunny Isles Beach in 15 minutes. The Front Desk Staff is very accommodating and friendly.
We cant wait for the newly remodeled Shuckers Restaurant to open back up in a couple of weeks.
Great Food and Bayside dining until Midnight or so!! Rooms are good, just wish they had a better selection of cable channels. But your not in the room that much, so I guess its OK!! You can fish right out back if you like as well. Great Breakfast in the mornings with lots of selections for everyone. You are just 5-10 minutes from the Beach and great restaurants!! Shuttle to the Airport is available also!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Ground Level in the Main building by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wonderful, friendly, helpful staff. Hotel is right on the water with pretty views. Great value, nice pool, fitness center and tasty breakfast. I would stay again when we are visiting friends in the Miami area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I love this place. No Miami resort fees, no Miami parking fees, clean room nice staff, quite. I come on business often and I dislike the fees in the Miami Beach area. I never go the beach... I am here to work! $35. Daily beach fees at many hotels at the Beach aren't fun! I found my new home away from home in Miami that is reasonable and convenient for visitors who don't want to be at the beach?

Room Tip: Exit i95 at 79/80 street if coming from the west Take 71 if coming from the beach It is confusing...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Best location and value around. For us this location is close to relatives less than 1 mile so we are able to spend quality time with family and not have long distances to get back to room to relax and sleep. Quite and very clean rooms. Staff wonderful and you can even get a great breakfast for free. Kids loved the pool too.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
#96 of 212 in Miami Beach
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
#64 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!