“Great food”
Review of Sakura - CLOSED

Sakura
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good value& self service takeaways with sevice very efficient in a lovey bright restaurant within waking distance to the Eloquence.

1  Thank Andrew778

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant offers you a great variety of sushi. All prepared right in front of your eyes. The buffet is well sorted. But it's not just about great food that you come here. The interior design is really worth seeing it. Modern and exiting. We went there during our vacations at Miami beach with some locals. We all enjoyed. So I think its a place to go for locals and tourists either.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Left this place about an hour ago and I still have a nice buzz from the 'Hurricane' drink. It was awesome.

Parking-- Reasonable...enough space, but we were there at 5pm.

Atmosphere--walking in I was surprised. The decor was phenomenal. Something you expect to be the 'After image' from the show Restaurant Impossible. I loved the red, black and white theme throughout the restaurant and I knew it was impressive when my boyfriend (that never cares about anything as long as the food is good) commented on how nice it looked. We all know how how looks can be deceiving, but it wasn't.

Price--Reasonable...Try the Hurricane that will get you twisted for $6 bucks...it's awesome. (Sneaks up on ya)

Food--The sushi was phenomenal. Fresh and inviting. There were even some rolls I never had before and was happy to try. It was all good and I was happy to see they had fresh oysters and mussels as well. It had everything we wanted.

Customer Service--We were greeted with a smile and seated immediately. (We were there by 5pm so I don't know how it is after that time). Out waitress was courteous and I attentive. She cleared off our old plates before we got back from the buffet each time. She was great. We also enjoyed the singing Happy Birthday to a couple that were seated across the room from us.

I give this a 5 out of 5 stars. The food was good, customer service was awesome and I didn't get sick from a buffet. I'll recommend this place and definitely go back. (We told friends about it as we were leaving). Good food, drinks for a decent price.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Like another reviewer notes, many of us in the Miami Beach/North Bay Village area watched as the former Jumbo Buffet was being transformed into Sakura.

I made it there today for lunch. My 1st impression was that it looks more like a high-end club than a buffet restaurant. Don't get me wrong, the old Jumbo interior left a lot to be desired but this is over the top. I arrived at 1145 and understood they opened at 1130 for lunch but there were no hot dishes ready for customers - just sushi.

I'm not a huge sushi fan but did find many items that were good. It did seem that most of it tasted the same. The hot items began to come out around noon. Most were not very exciting but semi-tasty. Several of the items did not qualify as entrees - fried cheese sticks are not an entree! I have to agree with a previous entry about the chicken dishes - they did taste like fake chicken.

They also have a menu with various saki choices and cocktails although I suspect they are more like mocktails - there was no actual alcohols listed.

I found $14.88 for a buffet and iced tea to be a little pricey for lunch. I heard other diners questioning the price. There were probably 15 other diners in the restaurant when I left.

I hope Sakura will turn it's attention to a better variety of hot dishes and get away from offering cheese sticks, buttered toast and french fries as entrees and bring back a few of the Jumbo Buffet favorites. That is if they plan on being a successful restaurant - if they want to be a club, they've got the interior.

Good luck Sakura. I won't be back for lunch but will bring the wife for sushi..

Cheers!

L&J
Miami Beach

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Like rare2go I had watched the construction and waited for this place to open. The initial reviews were not good and when I saw the reviews on TripAdvisor decided to see which one was right. Unfortunately it is poor.
The sushi selection is OK, but several of the rolls looked like they had spam in the center. I couldnt discern by the taste what the spam really was. The sashimi didnt all look that great. Some of the white fish I wouldnt even try it as it was slimy. On the whole the sashimi was relatively flavorless. The hibachi had lots of fresh vegetables but when preepared it was very bland. A little sriracha and soy at the table fixed that and it was fine. The hibachi was definitely the best of the entrees. There were also lots of crab legs, mussels and shrimp it you like that. Of the few customers in the place most seemed to be gorging on those choices.
The chinese entrees were horrible looking. The chicken with broccoli looked the best, but the chicken tasted artificial.
They did have fruits for dessert as well as unlabeled ice cream that was frozen pretty solid.
They seem to be trying to replicate the Kyojin chain in south Florida but the food quality is not even as good as Kyojin's mediocre fare.
The interior had a bad Hong Kong disco decor. The staff really didnt pay much attention to us, but it is a buffet. It was quiet and easy to get a booth. You could also watch CNN on a big screen TV in the dining room.
There is much better sushi in North Bay Village as well as a Benihana. Dont waste your money here.

3  Thank jcmbfla