“From Great to Awful...What Happened ???”
Review of Trio On The Bay - CLOSED

Trio On The Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Aventure Ave & Hispanola Ave
Description: We have a lovely outdoor seating area that includes lounge bay seating, table bay view seating, bar, and semi enclosed booth seating. We also have two semi private cabanas outside, as well as two warm fire pits that burn nightly. We have lower bay inside seating thats still has a gorgeous view of or famous bay. When we have our nightlife events we have an illuminated dancefloor VIP Bottle service seating and an indoor bar as well. We look forward to seeing you at Trios On The Bay.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our little group of four has eaten at Trio several times. Although the place is far from cheap, the service has always been professional and flawless and the food has always been excellent...until this most recent trip. The highly professional and knowledgeable servers are all GONE, replaced by inexperienced amateurs who don't know Filet Mignon from Filet of Sole. The creatively sourced artisanal ingredients have vanished from the menu, replaced by ordinary sub-standard discount-supermarket-quality products. The service was poor and the food and presentation were terrible. No bread other than tiny dry chips of stale French bread. No butter, only a small cup of nasty tasting hummus. The fish was cold and dry as a bone, the rib-eye was served cold and was at least 50% fat, the "Garlic mashed potatoes" had not a hint of butter or cream...only water and a bit of garlic powder. The vegetable medley was whole bok choy and zucchini slices with no seasoning, therefore no flavor. The pacing was terrible and the whole experience reeked of disorganization. What a waste of a beautiful waterfront location. I heard the following excuses: "We have a new chef"..."We have a new menu"..."I don't know, I've been on vacation"...and oh so many more. If you are a masochist and want to punish yourself by eating at Trio, better go soon. It'll be out of business before you know it.

1  Thank SoFla1947

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Don't judge this gem by the outside - take a risk and park your car, walk thru the restaurant and sit on the bay and savor the view and ambiance! Make sure you sit down for dinner just as the sun is setting to capture the essence!! The food is great - slightly different then what's on every other menu, and prepared perfectly! Fingers crossed that this place makes it!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Purchased a Groupon for Trio to use while traveling. We were on South beach and this was a nice $20.00 cab ride away from South Beach. We had the scallops as appertizer and Filet Mignon as entree. The meal was tasty, nice music and great view. Surely worth the try!

1  Thank Bookielips
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have been embarrassed before, but never so much by a meal. Was told everything from a new chef to a new menu, but, really, no excuse could have justified the abuse to my palate. Ordered the Caesar salad, which was abysmal. Mussels -- Costco has better. Filet mignon -- don't even go there. Left the restaurant and took my friend to eat afterwards, as he was hungry.n service was good, though.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife had a groupon for this place so we gave it a try. I looked up the reviews and, as usual, some love it and some had bad experiences.
I try to research places to be prepared for the possible worst instead of thinking it will be great and then be disappointed. I go in with an open mind but I am prepared. We went on a Thursday at 6:30 and it was so "not" busy there was no valet parking and we were able to park right at the entrance. It was a nice evening so we sat out by the water. Beautiful view. The service was great and also the food. We shared Pan Seared Scallops and a salad to start. My wife had the Sesame Encrusted Mahi Mahi which she said was cooked perfectly and I had Lamb Chops, also cooked perfectly. The main course sides were just right. For desert, we shared a raspberry sorbet. The manager and chef came by to make sure all was well and we had nice conversation about the food seasoning and recipes since both of us love to cook. All in all we had a very pleasant 5 star experience. Maby not going Fir.,Sat. or Sun. is the answer for those who just want to enjoy a quiet dinner in a nice setting and not be in the party crowd. This restaurant is pricey and they add 18% tip to the bill.