“No shoes,no shirt,no problems”
Review of The Beachcomber

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nokomis
The Beachcomber
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Nokomis
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Beachcomber.....need I say more?
My husband and I just returned from a week-long stay on tropical Casey Key after a 23 year absence at the relaxing Beachcomber ocean front property.
We had a well- appointed one bedroom with a bath, a kitchen stocked with appliances,and a living area with a pull-out couch and TV.
The owners were available and helpful, but in an unobtrusive way.There was a laundry room, and in it we found beach chairs,umbrellas, of course the washer and dryer were there for our use also!
We stayed in the "gulf" apartment, located ground floor with ocean view, large covered patio, tables,chairs,chaises,grill....... What else could you need?
The apartment was clean beyond imagine, and decorated beautifully.
Could we find any problems? Yes. One. We had to leave!

Room Tip: I would choose either the "Gulf" or "Palm" units ...they each have one bedroom a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I picked this resort so my Michigan grandsons could experience the ocean. We could see the water from our kitchen and went out several times a day. They snorkeled and body surfed. The water was as warm as a bath. We found many shark teeth to an 8 year old's delight. The baby enjoyed bobbing around in the waves in his life vest.
The cottage #4 was perfect. We were the only ones in our building so we didn't have to shush the kids. It had everything we needed from bar b que to beach umbrellas.
The best rating I can give it is the kids said they would rather return next year to the beach than go back to Walt Disney World!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We just ended our 2nd visit to The Beachcomber and expect to make many more. We stayed in the Gulf Apartment & were blown away by how CLEAN it was and how perfectly decorated. No expense has been spared to make the renters feel comfortable. The beach and sunsets are marvelous, and Tekla and Robert are perfect hosts. Thanks for an amazing getaway!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Immaculate, well appointed with all the necessities, and in a lovely beach front location. If you're looking for that, look no further.

But if you want other amenities ... Luxury, a pool, room service, a restaurant, or maid service ... This isn't the place for you.

It also isn't the place if you have kids with you. Mostly because there's nothing for them to do there.

It's an ultra low key with the basics get away for grown ups that's expertly run.

That said, I don't think we'll be back. For us, at this point, a vacation spot needs to have a bit more luxury & services.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HuntleyNewYork
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our third stay at the Beachcomber and (as always) had a fantastic time. Tekla and Robert are so accomodating and friendly that you feel that you are staying with family. They are very proud of their place and it shows. It is immaculately clean and impeccably maintained. (Kudos to the housekeeping and maintenance crew! They work very hard!) Every detail had been thought of for you so you can relax, unwind and escape.
We stayed in "The Gulf" which is a downstairs unit in the New Florida section. It is tastefully decorated with tropical decor in shades of blue and the bathroom had been recently renovated. The kitchen even had a dishwasher! There was an outside,covered patio area
and we found ourselves out there most mornings for breakfast; watching for the dolphins or manatee that would cruise by; for lunch while escaping the heat of the day; and for dinner and drinks while enjoying the spectacular sunsets over the water! The hammock under the palm trees off of the patio was a perfect place for a nap.
Tekla and Robert are always around and by the time you leave, you feel as if you've known them forever. Tekla stopped by one morning to show us the shark's teeth she had found on the beach during her walk. Robert (AKA : "security") is often around and always aware of what is going on so that you feel secure and safe while staying there.
Casey Key is by far our favorite vacation destination. The folks at Beachcomber have spoiled us and we won't even consider staying anywhere else! If you are looking for a great place to kick back and relax, this is it. It would be difficult to find anywhere as nice!

Room Tip: All the rooms are a little bit different. The "new Florida" section units have a wonderful...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This coming October will include a much anticipated 3rd stay at The Beachcomber. I discovered this soul soothing retreat by reading these reviews on tripadvisor, so I feel it's only right to share my experience of this wonderful place. I drive over 600 miles to get here, and with every mile I picture all the stress and cares of my everyday life being left far behind, for there are no worries here. The Beachcomber is "perfect peace", and I will be forever grateful to Tekla and Robert for sharing their piece of Paradise with me. I have stayed in units 6, then 3, and this year...... it will be 5 - the ultimate (for me) because it's closest to the ocean. Every unit is a delight in its own way - tastefully decorated (see the pictures on the site map!), spotlessly clean, and stocked with everything you need to make yourself at home. And this is key: Tekla and Robert go out of their way to make you feel welcome, as if the unit you rent from them is YOUR beach home for the length of your stay. For a week, I can imagine that I, too, live on Casey Key. Priceless! I have so enjoyed their hospitality, and so will you. If you are looking for a beautiful place to relax, unwind, and "find yourself" again so that you can return home rejuvenated in mind, body, and spirit - The Beachcomber is for you.

Room Tip: See the site map for complete information and pictures. I have enjoyed both the old and new section...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank H2OLetsGo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first visit to the Beachcomber, but it sure won't be our last!! The owners, Tekla and Robert, are so welcoming and friendly, and eager to meet every request. When we arrived, Tekla gave us a tour of the grounds, pointed out the beach chairs and umbrellas available for guest use, and then showed us all the amenities in the room. We were greeted by a personalized note, goodies in the fridge and fresh hibiscus blooms gracing the kitchen and bath.

We were charmed by the quaint 'old Florida' section, and found our little room to be just perfect. The room was spotlessly clean and well-appointed with everything we needed. There was a huge supply of towels, plenty of dishes and glasses in the kitchen, and the AC worked great. There are beach towels provided in the room. The grounds of the hotel are well-maintained and clean, and landscaped with interesting tropical plants. Be sure to check out the beautiful orchids hanging in the tree outside the office.

We are very happy to have found this little jewel and will definitely be returning. If you are in Nokomis on a Wednesday, don't miss the drum circle at the park at sundown.

Room Tip: Even the room in the front near the road was quiet, and just about 20 steps farther from the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
A Beach Retreat on Casey Key
#8 of 12 in Nokomis
Venice Beach Villas
Venice Beach Villas
#1 of 13 in Venice

Been to The Beachcomber? Share your experiences!