We have been staying at the Beachcomber for several years now and I write this review reluctantly, as I really wanted to keep this treasure a secret. Now it seems the word is out, so I must add my praise to the rest. We are frequent travelers to Europe, but still make the long journey back to Casey Key as often as we can, at least once a year.
Everything about the resort is wonderful. The island is beautiful - unspoilt and full of charm, with the ocean and gorgeous white sands on one side and the inland waterway on the other. The properties which comprise the Beachcomber are all stunning - individually styled to perfection, with every amenity you could wish for on vacation. And if there is something you need that isn't there, the owners will try their best to provide it.
There are a couple of restaurant/bars a short stroll away, sometimes with live music in the evenings. Further afield there are many places to eat and drink. There is a small shopping mall 5 minutes drive away, with a large Publix store, Chemist(drug store), Post Office, restaurants and barbers shop. Venice is less than 10 minutes drive away : a delightful "old" town with character and charm. Sarasota, twenty minutes drive away, has shopping malls, cinemas, theatres, an opera house, cabaret and much much more. There is plenty to do in the area, but it's also the perfect place to do nothing! My husband spends long hours fishing in the ocean, while I walk the beach, watch the dolphins, read or just doze!
I think the greatest charm of Beachcomber, however, is the owners themselves. Valerie, Tekla and Robert are wonderful hosts and make everyone very welcome. We feel like we are going to our second home and always count the weeks until our next visit. We stayed a month last October and are returning for four weeks in March, with next October booked as well! All the other reviewers comments have been completely accurate - this is truly somewhere to relax and enjoy. (But don't tell anyone else!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber consists of twelve apartments & cottages located on the beach on Casey Key We are an intimate friendly place where you can enjoy a quiet bit of "Old Florida". Our units are exceptionally clean and fully furnished. It's the kind of place where guests return year after year and bring their friends. Give us a call and we will save a sunset for you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Motel Nokomis