“It gets better and better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachcomber

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nokomis
The Beachcomber
You added The Beachcomber to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Nokomis
Olney, United Kingdom
“It gets better and better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just returned from our 5th successive year at the Beachcomber, the first year we were impressed and in each successive year it really has got better and better. This small group of beachside apartments are situated on the beach at Casey Key, a barrier island on the Gulf of Mexico about 15 miles south of Sarasota, the location is stunning, with each apartment just a few steps from the beautiful beach. The units, some circa 1950, others more recently built are spotlessly clean, well equipped, meticulously maintained and regularly refurbished. The efficient owner Tekla and her ever available to help, husband Robert are friendly and genuinely concerned that you thoroughly enjoy your stay. Try it I guarantee you'll go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As an innkeeper myself, I have a tendency to be very picky about where I choose to stay. After reading previous reviews, I felt that I had made a good decision to stay at the Beachcomber for my only annual "getaway". The fact is, I was absolutely blown away by the owners, the staff, and the quality of the establishment. Nothing is overlooked. A welcome note, accompanied by fresh flowers welcomed us, along with a plate of "goodies" in the refrigerator. The kitchen is as complete as any gourmet cook could imagine, complete with smooth cooktop range with convection oven, more than enough dishes and glasses to suit a large family, extra cooking/serving containers, and large serving dishes for entertaining. Nothing was lacking in the kitchen and the quality of the cookware, dishes, etc. was exceptional, right down to cloth napkins and an electric mixer.

The living area was furnished exquisitely with comfy chairs, a sofa and a huge TV. Sitting on the lanai having coffee in the morning was a special treat. Having champagne in the hammock was pretty great, too. Robert, Tesla and Tesla's mom, Valerie are super hosts! They made us feel like one of the family and guided us toward some local attractions and restaurants that turned out to be spot on.

You could tell that nothing was spared in the refurbishment of this establishment. There were plenty of extra towels in the linen closet and even a beach bag, containing beach towels! The beach chairs were good quality, too. We were invited to a Friday night drum circle which turned out to be quite unique.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this secret hideaway to anyone looking for something that will certainly exceed their expectations.

Room Tip: I wouldn't try to save a few bucks and not have a view of the water. This place is special - an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DiveDiva314
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 glorious nights in Sept. 2012. We stayed in apartment 6 in the New Florida Section. It was as perfect as could be; extremely clean, extremely well-stocked, comfortable bed with an amazing view of the beach!!!! Tekla and Robert were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful, kind or accomodating. Truly amazing service! They obviously LOVE what the do. Oh, and, the room is decorated so nicely. The beach at Casey Key is very beautiful and peaceful. We found lots of unusual shells. According to my mother, a local, the shells are actually what keep the beach so uncrowded; people seem to prefer the very fine, powdery white sand of the much more crowded beaches. I just wore my flip flops to walk over the few feet of broken shells (although I could've gone barefoot) and enjoyed having the gorgeous ocean and beach practically to ourselves! Love it!!! We hope to come back several times a year!!!

Room Tip: I would not hesitate to stay in any of the beachside rooms, but if they were full, I'd surely st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SmilinSkylane
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one week in August and had the best time! Great location to area attractions and beautiful beach! The room was very clean and spacious, and felt very cozy. Valerie, Tekla and Robert made us feel right at home. We just can't say enough as to how pleased we were to stay here and how accomidating our hosts were. There is no doubt we will stay here again!

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and our 2 little boys (2 yrs and 2 months old) took advantage of a work conference in Orlando and headed to Casey Key. We had driven through Casey Key on a previous trip to Florida and decided that we'd like to come back. I read through some reviews online and must say that they were all very true for the Beachcomber. We were lucky to get an apartment at the Beachcomber for just 3 nights and our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We loved the apartment that was so cozy and with a view of the ocean. The couple that own the place were super nice and made sure we had everything we needed. We had a lot of fun just hanging out on the beach and in the apartment with our two boys and would recommned this place to anyone that wants to experience Casey key at its finest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights in August and had a great stay. We were in room 106 which is a 2nd floor balcony room facing the ocean. The beach is approx. 30 yards from the room. The room was spacious and had lots of ammenitites. The bed was very comforatable as well.
The only thing missing was a pool but who needs that when the gulf is right there.
My family will definitely stay here again when visiting.

• 4 of 5 stars
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just got back from a week at the Beachcomber, and I am extremely impressed. It is rare that I encounter service as excellent as we received this week. We read all of the reviews prior to going, and we were impressed that only one review was less than 5 stars. We had high expectations, and they were exceeded. There is a reason that nearly every review references Tekla and Robert. They are truly excellent hosts. If you are looking for the best sunsets with outstanding service, look no farther.

2 Thank Mike M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
A Beach Retreat
On the Beach- Casey Key
On the Beach- Casey Key
#2 of 5 in Nokomis
4.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews

Been to The Beachcomber? Share your experiences!