“Clean, fresh and good service”
Review of Cafe Evergreen

Cafe Evergreen
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Nokomis
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Title says it all. Delightful decor and not a crumb or speck of dust anywhere. Service was suburb and food comes in a close second. We had a lot of catching up to do and server did not rush us. The complimentary edaname is a very nice touch while surfing the menu. Avacodo and eggplant wraps were chosen. Mine with sauteed kale. The kale was prepared perfectly. Saw a tempting dessert go by, but the girls were being good and chose not to enduldge.

2  Thank SRQtravelqueen

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Everything about the restaurant is fresh. The character of the old building has been preserved but still seems clean and new. We had a variety of food: beef brisket, reuben, and veggie wrap with avocado, and everyone was happy. The peach tea was delicious too. We were so disappointed when the North Port restaurant closed, but we will be happy to visit the cafe in Nokomis often. I was encouraged to see that the place was full for a Wednesday lunch.

2  Thank Broomhilda2012
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I continue to be pleasantly surprised at this great little restaurant. Had quinoa cakes and a cup of cream of broccoli soup and peach iced tea at my last visit, all were excellent. In the past, I've also had the reuben, the grass fed burger, the butternut squash ravioli, and several of the salads. All were quite good. It's become one of the most popular places to eat in our area and I can definitely understand why. Next time I think I'll try the tuna tartare sliders. Service is friendly and competent. Atmosphere is lovely, in Nokomis' original bank building from the 1920s, restored to perfection. Go visit the local antiques shops in this little district and if you need a place to stay for a week or more, look up my "Old Florida" vintage vacation cottages which are within walking distance ;-)

1  Thank Coquinagal
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were visiting for the Fox Lea horse show. When we arrived at lunch time, the parking lot was completely full. The restaurant was packed with a few groups, each taking up an entire row of tables. That's ok, we sat outside with our lab, they have 3 covered tables just outside the main door. Wife ordered the veggie burger, I ordered the veggie wrap. Both tasted great and the servers were very friendly asking us how things were. Also had an angel smoothie which tasted great.

2  Thank robvia
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Very thankful for a new restaurant to add to our favorites list! Lots of options and great service! My husband had the Reuben and I had the Kelp stir fry!! It's only 15 mins from Sarasota for us! See you guys soon!

1  Thank mysaltlife