“Fresh seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Captain Eddie's Seafood Bar
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Nokomis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton DE
“Fresh seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our 2nd trip to Capt. Eddie's. We first visited last year on our trip to Venice area. It was recommended by a hotel clerk as a place for local fresh seafood. It was great then and this year we went back for a 2nd visit. The fish was wonderful and the so fresh. My husband had the local Hogfish..yes Hogfish. So tender and flaky. We will come back again maybe before we return home. Oh yes the prices are great too.

des moines, iowa
“I'm from the midwest, maybe I'm just easy to impress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm kind of surprised to see such negative reviews on this place. I really enjoyed my meal here. I judge resturants by food first, atmosphere second and this place hit high marks in both categories. Food is fresh and well prepared. You will leave happy and full. Atomosphere is excatly what you want in a Florida seafood place. Gives you a feel that you could be sitting on the docks, eating the fish as they come off the boat. Loved it. We were visiting two people who live in the area and this is one of their favorite places to grab a meal. I had the Grouper Ruben and it was very good. Boyfriend had the hogfish (actual, spear caught hogfish, which is impressive) which was blackened to perfection. Food was great, atmosphere was adorable. Also, they have a market where we picked up more hogsish and some smoked mullett for dinner the next night.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My sister in law and I went back for the grouper, and lobster bisque. It was wonderful. We usually drive to Sarasota for the lobster bisque, but after we found Captain Eddie's, we stop here. I love good grouper. This is always good. Yes, it is dark on a cloudy day. But we went for the food. Patio is also nice. It is a regular Florida restaurant. Not a chain. Just real Florida. The Key Lime pie is awesome also. The crab claws are a treat. I ate in Punta Gorda at an upper end restaurant, and for $30.00 I was given 4 claws, not very large either. So I guess it depends on what is important to you, food or atmosphere of a new modern place...This is not, just old Florida. The server was very friendly

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Over rated restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was disappointed with this restaurant. The interior was dark and depressing. They only had booths/picnic tables, which were very uncomfortable and did not create a feel good atmosphere for dining. The food was average. The outside tiki bar was much nicer then the restaurant itself. I will give them credit that they do carry stone crabs at their small retail counter.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Nice atmosphere, but better food in Venice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to Capt. Eddies on the 6th of March. The atmosphere is great on the tiki deck, and the service was fantastic. The food however was beliw par, I got the fried oysters which were very small. My side tasted as if they were reheated in a microwave. There are much better places to go in Venice for the money you spend at Capt Eddies.