“Good tasting food, a bit overpriced”
Review of Saltwater Cafe

Saltwater Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltwater Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 31 Restaurants in Nokomis
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We decided to have dinner here after circling the parking lot of two waterfront eateries and not having any luck. Our server was attentive and friendly. The food tasted great, but everyone in our party agreed that it was overpriced. The portion sizes were pretty big, but who wants to take home and reheat seafood?!

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Cafe

Reviewed June 13, 2014

A friend and I stopped for lunch. I had a nice ceasar salad with grilled shrimp on the side and it was just right. My friend enjoyed his oysters and sandwich also. The help was friendly and helpful. The bar area where we sat was comfortable and pleasant.

1  Thank charlesalanlancaster
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have just purchased a place in Venice and have been exploring all the local favorites. This one was recommended for the early bird specials but I must say that their entire menu looked great, and reasonably priced compared to Sharkey's and others. But oh my...the best Bernaise sauce we've ever had! The interior is very nice, the server Doreen was so gracious, and the rest of the food was delicious. Can't wait to go back. Had the tilapia "Nokomis style" with teriyaki glazed veggies over rice as well. Some of the best teriyaki sauce I've tasted and the fish was a big portion that just melted in my mouth. I think you won't be disappointed if you give this place a try. Our new place is just down the street so we will definitely make this place a regular. Can't wait for the happy hour specials of 49c oysters!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We live very close to Saltwater Cafe so it would be a great neighborhood spot. We try it (again) every 6 months or so & it is just not good. We always remark at how busy it seems. Do we just order the wrong food, do we just get unlucky every time? The only time I have ever sent food back was here. I ordered scallops & being from New England, I know a scallop & what I was served was not. We want to like it & will try again, I am sure!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food was okay. Clam chowder wasn't good. Probably won't be back. The food was okay but there are much better options