“Oranges were out of this world sweet!”
Review of Nokomis Groves

Nokomis Groves
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Nokomis
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to several places selling oranges and this one was the best..there was a line for ice cream and we thought it had to be good....I know everyone that has posted has said its fantastic but it was like sherbert and the taste was not all that great...it does not have a creamy consistancy which we found disappoiniting...we got spoiled on gelato at Nokomis ice cream shop..

All reviews
"worth the trip"
"gift shop"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited Nokomis Groves with friends during a recent trip to Venice, Florida and can't wait to return.

The temple oranges were great for juicing ─ we bought a bag and made the most delicious juice! We sampled a couple kinds of oranges during the visit too. It was also a great place to pick up baby redskin potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. I also saw tomatoes, papaya, and a few other items.

Tiny airplane-friendly gift items were also available, such as orange blossom honey, key lime jelly and various other marmalades and jams, as well as several flavors of coconut candies (key lime, orange, pina colada, etc.) plus strips of chocolate-covered orange peel. Super nice, friendly people there too.

I'm not normally a fan of soft-serve ice cream but ordered a cone at my friends' recommendation. Since you can "stack" flavors, I ordered pineapple and lime. Holy cow! It was amazing! The lime was tart, like the filling in key lime pie and the pineapple tasted so fresh and vibrant. Sooooo good! We didn't have to wait long in line since it wasn't a hot day, but it would be worth the wait if we did!

One thing I didn't notice was whether there was a U-pick option, like other groves I've visited. (I didn't really mind, though, since at the other grove, they warned people about gators in the canals at the grove, which I wasn't anxious to see!)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped at Nokomis Groves at the suggestion of friends we were spending the day with, what a treat we were in for. Nokomis Groves sells homemade soft serve ice cream, the very best we have ever tasted, They make fresh orange soft serve like nothing I have ever tasted before. In the store they sell fresh fruit and veggies, jellies and other good fruit items. Can't wait to go back for more ice cream. Sure wish the ice cream could have made the trip home.

2  Thank Betty G
Reviewed February 18, 2013

if you're needing something sweet after supper or when ever try the ice cream here. its adicting and you won't go away dissapointed

1  Thank herv r