“Always good with lots of choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Curry Creek Cafe - CLOSED

Curry Creek Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Venice, Florida
“Always good with lots of choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Glad we returned to Curry Creek for lunch. I learned how good collards taste from owner/chef David, who told me how much work is required to make them.

Today I had the grouper cheeks basket. The bits of sweet grouper were lightly battered and fried then placed on top of seasoned shoestring potatoes.

My wife enjoyed the curry grouper in cocoanut milk. We also enjoyed the egg rolls.

We were the only ones in there on a Saturday, so David took the time to tell us about many of the old photos on the walls. It was like having a private tour at the Triangle House by the Venice library. It was the first time I saw what the jetty looked like way back in the 30’s.

His father owned the Admiral’s Ward Room, now Pelican Alley restaurant by Casey Key Bridge. David’s brother, Rob, owns the seafood restaurant, Left Coast on the By-Pass. Their family grew up on Casey Key. Their sister, Nancy, is a good friend of my wife, Sybil.

This is one of those places I wish was in a better location. Each time I’m there, I enjoy the food and atmosphere, but Nokomis is rarely a destination for us. If you haven’t been there, give it a try. You won’t be disappointed. They have many vegetarian dishes.

• Visited March 2014

Cape Cod, MA
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in Venice for a few days visiting family and my father suggested we go to Curry Creek (it's one of his fav places in the area). What an absolute gem! Kinda rustic, but who cares, it's all about the food! I've never had Indonesian food, so I tried the Beef Rendang, and I couldn't have been happier. It's rare to find food that tastes this good in such an un pretentious place. My wife had the Asian Ribs, which were also outstanding. You can't beat the price either, very reasonable, especially for food this good. If you're going to the Venice-Sarasota area, you must check this place out!!

• Visited March 2014
Venice, Florida
“Will be going back to Curry Creek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Do not miss the Cajun pasta. It is wonderful. Everything on the menu looked delicious. We will be going there again.

• Visited February 2014
Holden, Massachusetts
“Go for the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Not much on atmosphere, but the food more than makes up for it. After a long day of travel from the frozen northeast, we had dinner here on the recommendation of the manager of our Nokomis accommodations. It was just what we needed. The menu is extensive and includes a variety of cuisines. Very reasonably priced. The Indonesian dishes stood out. Highly recommended.

ROCKFORD
“Tasty unusual food for The Trail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We enjoyed a very flavorful meal of Indonesian style food, well-prepared, with an ambiance that I'd term "welcoming and comfortable." The owners were much in evidence. The Chef was anxious to learn what we liked especially and whatever was not to our liking. A very friendly place to dine, despite the down-home and simple decor. Little atmosphere with great food.

• Visited February 2014