“Get away to visit family in the area.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nokomis
Gulf Sands Beach Resort
Dunnellon, FL
“Get away to visit family in the area.”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The resort needs updating. The landscaping on the grounds are kept nice, but the rooms need new furnishings, the doors do not close properly, some windows do not have screens, vertical blinds kept falling off, exterior needs painting, the laundry room is full of discarded items. It is a great location right on the beach, but needs some tender loving care. The room was clean and the owner accommodating. I do not feel it is worth the price I paid for the one bedroom unit. Would I return (?) I doubt it. Would I recommend to others: NO. Not for the price I paid. Loved the location. Beach front great BBQ area watched the sunset while eating steak on the picnic table.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank devotedsister8

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We recently stayed 4 days on our honeymoon. It was perfect! The rooms were just right for the 2 of us. Everyone staying at the resort was friendly! The staff was amazing! We already are planning a family trip with our kids! Thank you Alan!
Marie and Rob Myers

• Stayed September 2011
Holton, MI
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel is as it was in old Florida. It is a quiet, friendly place in a relaxed atmosphere. If you're looking for parties and night life, this isn't the hotel, but those things are a quick walk, drive away. I've been here three times in the last two months and haven't been disappointed once. True, if you require luxurious, resort like accommodations, this isn't the place, But if you're looking for someplace that sits on the beach, the gulf a 20 second walk from your hotel door, dog and kid friendly, then this is it. As is the case with any old Florida hotel built in the late 40's, some things will occasionally not perform as expected but the overall aesthetic of the place is entirely worth it. I will come back again and again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sandovalslater
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I visited for four days in October 2010. The bed had no blanket, only a comforter and no extra pillows. Our neighbors had three dogs that used the grounds for a toilet. Noone cleaned it up.The property needs to be refurbished. It was clean and quiet but the bed was uncomfortable. The beach was lovely!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank WoodlandsKiki
deleon springs, fl
Reviewed October 21, 2010

i am a florida cracker, and this place IS Florida.Built in 1949, I step back to the places I went as a kid with my parents.Favorites; Pecky Pine ceilings, sea oats at your window and a beach to stay another day on.Check out the sunsets, they are killers. Prt=friendly. on the beach and in the waves. LET THE DOGS OUT.this is the keys, at 1/10 the distance and cost. Make it happen, and you will be back. And stay another day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank samDeleonSprings_fl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
A Beach Retreat
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Gulf Shore Beach Resort
Gulf Shore Beach Resort
#8 of 12 in Nokomis

Been to Gulf Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!