“Tasty Food...Nice Service...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
San Marcos, California
“Tasty Food...Nice Service...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First time to this restaurant...there were 5 of us that got there just when it opened at 11:30. We shared Shrimp Cocktails, Scallops on the Half Shell which I have never seen before and Clams floating in a wonderful (and I!m guessing here) white wine, lemon & garlic bath. Our main courses included Broiled Grouper, This really delicious "Fish Reuben" on marble rye with cole slaw, One person had a beautifully fresh Caesar with a good looking bowl of Seafood Chowder. Everyone commented on how great the food and service was...we never waited long for service to "swing by" to see how we were doing. While not "upscale" this place has a warm "local favorite" feel...it!s right on the canal just before the draw bridge at Nokomis beach and simply stated has good food & good service for a more than fair price.

3 Thank JHessmaster

Valrico
“Much better the second time around!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner at Pelican Alley this evening. After a sad visit to Pops recently and a sub-par visit to this restaurant last year I didn't expect anything great. There was no wait, and the server was very friendly. We got some clams in broth that were awesome, and the crab fritters were very good too. My husband got fried grouper and didn't leave a crumb. I got the tapas fish tacos, which were such a bargain at $7, and perfect for my appetite. Our kids both got the seafood chowder. It was fine, but even my daughter thought there was a weird after-taste, maybe it was hanging around too long. It was a refreshingly good visit compared to the few other places we've been during our vacation.

1 Thank Lisa S
Colorado
“It's okay...”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We usually eat here once when we visit Nokomis. Food and service are okay. They usually have a special that's not on the menu, I'd say go for it, the specials are better than the regular menu items.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Colo_Slim
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always good”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My fiancé and I always make a point to stop here for a late lunch after we go to the beach each year we come down from Atlanta. The dynamite shrimp and onion loops are really good and our server was great, never a complaint here other than them not being open on Tuesdays during the summer. Choose Pelican Alley over Pop's any chance you can.

2 Thank SamLoves2Eat
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“It's just OK...”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Food is average, service was good, and I could take it or leave it. If given a choice between Pelican Alley or nearby Pop's though I'd easily opt for Pelican Alley.

Visited June 2013