“Illia's Greek may be the best in Venice”
Review of Illia's Greek Restaurant - CLOSED

Illia's Greek Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Venice, Florida
“Illia's Greek may be the best in Venice”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Tucked away in the corner of a small strip mall. Authentic Greek food - top notch. Service is friendly and you will return for more!

Visited March 2014

Athens, Georgia, United States
“Awesome food.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Authenic and fresh food. Don't know how I've missed this place for so many years. Family introduced me to it, and word of mouth is important, spread the word

Visited February 2014
Nokomis, Florida
“One and only One time.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Attempted to have meal with four other couple, The staff was cold, service poor, and the price's were misleading.

The Mrs. Owner was the main problem.

Visited March 2014
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Genuine Greek cooking”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ilia's is a small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. Staff seemed to consist of the owner/cook, his wife, and a family member. The atmosphere is a little dated and dreary, but the food makes up for that. We had the roasted eggplant and spanakopita appetizers and both were well-prepared and flavorful. The oven roasted potatoes were excellent. We can forgive them for the canned string beans because the rest of the meal was excellent. The lemon chicken and grilled pork chop was very good. We met some other diners who said they were eating their way through the menu and hadn't been disappointed yet. It's a nice little restaurant that's hard to find nut worth your time of you're looking for real Greek cooking.

• Visited March 2014
Venice, Florida
“Exceptional Greek food in a cozy setting”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I visited on a Monday evening because I wanted to see what the food tasted like on a slow night.

Since I maintain the two primary reasons for eating out are the food and the service, let's start with the food.

It was exceptionally good and tatsy. I had the moussaka which I thoroughly enjoyed and the bechamel sauce was heavenly. The lemon potatoes were tatsy, though a tad salty for me (bear in mind though I scrape salt off saltines). My companion had the classic lamb Gyro and raved about it at every bite. So winners on our first two tries. Dessert was to die for - I have no idea what it was called - I was only allowed one spoonful before my companion scarfed down the rest.

While I can't speak for the rest of the menu, I do know that every dish that went way caused me to salivate and wish I had ordered that too. The spanikopita is legendary apparently and I'll try it on the next visit next week.

Service was excellent, dishes arrived quickly and hot and the owner's wife who served as a combination server (until her son arrived) and hostess was a wealth of information.

As far as decor goes, everything was clean and well maintained but not "modern" -- I don't eat the decor so I don't care. It was a little hard seeing the entrance to the shopping plaza from the road, which I blame on the mall owner, not the restaurant.

They do a banner take out service.

This is the best Greek food in southwest Florida witht he added advanatge of being authentic. Go. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014