“not so good anymore”

River Ratz Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Nobleton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 16, 2014

6 of us rode our bicycles to River Rats today to enjoy a nice lunch on the river deck. We had called to make a reservation to ensure that we had a seat in our favorite spot. When we arrived, we were told that the table would be ready soon, so we ordered drinks and waited and waited and waited.... The people finally vacated our reserved seat and before we knew it someone had sneaked it and taken our reserved seats away from us. The management nor the waitress who both knew we were waiting, never moved the people out. They proceeded to take their order and ignore us. It took almost 90 minutes before we were served our lunch. When it arrived, the fish was cold, the fries were hot. This has never happened to us before. It used to be our favorite place to eat. I'm not sure when we will be back. Everyone was waiting for their food today. It's unreasonable to expect people to wait that long to get their food.

9  Thank happybicyclist

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate at River Ratz on New Year's Day. We were inadvertently given a menu with Sunday's fare listed. We ordered off the Sunday menu (even though it was Wednesday) and the chef accommodated our requests. The fries were the best we've ever had!

2  Thank Faith J
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Waitress was non existent. Managers excuse was this waitress would not let anyone help her. Clearly this place needs stronger management as I witnessed a party of 23 walk out after witing 1and a half hours for food..only to be told ticket was lost. After a 50 minwait for my cheeseburger withv several failed attempts to catch the server..I too left. A very sad dissapointment.

5  Thank parlermo1707
Reviewed January 5, 2014

JAN 5 2014 Stopped at River Ratz for lunch. Got our food, but a lady came by holding a puppy on her shoulder petting it as she was going past. I asked her to take the puppy away from our food. She got hysterical saying "we didn't touch your food". She left and we started enjoying our food. We see a lady making a B-line to us. She starts asking us about the incident. Jake asked who she was, and she finally told us she was the manager. the manager more or less told us we were wrong...Florida is a dog-friendly state, she said. we asked her to leave so we could enjoy our meal...she would not. Our lunch was ruined. So, if you like puppy with your burger, go to River Ratz. If you see white on your food, it's only puppy dandruff. We love dogs, but not being petted near our food. KathyB

3  Thank DONALD B
Reviewed November 23, 2013

While visiting my parents we went here one night for dinner- at sunset. Was the setting ever pretty- right on the river which was perfectly flat and we got some great sunset/relflection pics- the trees were turning colors and it was awesome. Oh yeah, and the food was great and large portions. My fries were not as hot as I like them- in hind site I should have asked for a fresh batch but the burger was delicious- I could hardly bite into it. And the fried okra and green beans were delicious too. Be sure to wear your rattiest jeans and t-shirt or Harley gear. And spend some time out front at the bonfire and there is live music lots of times too. It was crowded, hard to find parking but lots of fun.