“Our first visit”

Cuisines: Seafood
Tryon, North Carolina, United States
“Our first visit”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate at River Ratz on New Year's Day. We were inadvertently given a menu with Sunday's fare listed. We ordered off the Sunday menu (even though it was Wednesday) and the chef accommodated our requests. The fries were the best we've ever had!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Faith J

New Port Richey, Florida
“Stay away. No service...bad attitudes.. As there shirts say proudly..."they don't give a rats a**”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Waitress was non existent. Managers excuse was this waitress would not let anyone help her. Clearly this place needs stronger management as I witnessed a party of 23 walk out after witing 1and a half hours for food..only to be told ticket was lost. After a 50 minwait for my cheeseburger withv several failed attempts to catch the server..I too left. A very sad dissapointment.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank parlermo1707
Brooksville, Florida
“LOUSY MANAGEMENT DOGS IN EATING AREA”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

JAN 5 2014 Stopped at River Ratz for lunch. Got our food, but a lady came by holding a puppy on her shoulder petting it as she was going past. I asked her to take the puppy away from our food. She got hysterical saying "we didn't touch your food". She left and we started enjoying our food. We see a lady making a B-line to us. She starts asking us about the incident. Jake asked who she was, and she finally told us she was the manager. the manager more or less told us we were wrong...Florida is a dog-friendly state, she said. we asked her to leave so we could enjoy our meal...she would not. Our lunch was ruined. So, if you like puppy with your burger, go to River Ratz. If you see white on your food, it's only puppy dandruff. We love dogs, but not being petted near our food. KathyB

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank DONALD B
Marysville
“Fun!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

While visiting my parents we went here one night for dinner- at sunset. Was the setting ever pretty- right on the river which was perfectly flat and we got some great sunset/relflection pics- the trees were turning colors and it was awesome. Oh yeah, and the food was great and large portions. My fries were not as hot as I like them- in hind site I should have asked for a fresh batch but the burger was delicious- I could hardly bite into it. And the fried okra and green beans were delicious too. Be sure to wear your rattiest jeans and t-shirt or Harley gear. And spend some time out front at the bonfire and there is live music lots of times too. It was crowded, hard to find parking but lots of fun.

Visited November 2013
Bushnell, Florida
“Near Withlacoochee Rails to Trails”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'm rating this "very good," as it was at the right place at the right time with a cold beer. Good spot for lunch on a Saturday. Right on the river, so it was scenic. Lots going on: horseback riders, motorcyclists, family groups, and cyclists were in and out. We left before the live music started, so I can't comment on that. Catfish was WAY above average! Pulled pork sandwich special was good.

• Visited November 2013