“Not the worst and not the best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn At Eglin AFB

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Sacramento, California
“Not the worst and not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

There is alot to running a hotel business I am sure, however just being nice to everyone can only get you so far. The staff was very friendly but the rooms could have been cleaner. My main requirement in a hotel room is that I feel safe and clean, pretty simple really. I felt safe but there were issues in the shower and sink area that made the entire room feel unclean. It would have taken an extra 2 minutes to clean those areas and I would be rating this a "good" instead of average. On a side note, its usually best to keep your soda machines away from heat instead of right next to the hottest part of the hotel, the commercial laundry room. It was like a blast furnace when you turned the corner into where they keep the machine. Overall, I think I would try a different hotel in that price range next time I am in that area. Im thinking I can do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Quality Inn should reconsider their “Branding”, as they seriously lack any since of any Quality standard.
Our stay was June 5th 2014, everything felt extremely unclean; the floor seemed to have not been swept or mopped in months, the sheets had mildew, yes mildew stain on them. The pillow cases had gobbs of hair on it. There was old hardened gummy candy by the foot of the bed that had obviously been there for a long time. We had an uninvited visitor in our room “a big water bug”, some green glob of infectious snot on the shower floor. This was just the beginning. One of our parked vehicles was hit by another guest driving their boat through the parking lot. There was no way we could have considered taking a dip in the pool as there were two intoxicated men drinking their liquor by the pool. My family toughed it out since we were only there for 1 day. We slept in our clothes, with our own sheets and pillows, and rolled out as soon as possible.
When we went to check out, the front desk agent was pleasant but completely unhelpful. We informed her of the long list of issues we had with the rooms. She apologized and said she would let her manager know. We were double charged for our rooms, after paying cash at check out them still ran the credit card. Apparently they have way more issues than just dirty housekeeping and water bugs. Theft in my book is the ultimate NO, NO! Management must not care or be getting a cut of all cash brought in since they insist they never received cash that day. I hardly believe that. I expected to hear back from Management with an apology and come kind of compensation. Well I got a whole lot of “Nothing”.
I’ve called multiple times and finally got a return call from Mr. Austin on June 24th he was arrogant and made a lot of excuses. And finally he said he would look into the situation and call me back. It is July 14th and still no word. Does it really take that long to run a report or do some security checks to find out what went wrong or who if stealing from you. I bet if Mr. Austin was I was charged $504.54 for two dirty, smelly rooms he would be a little more prompt to getting down to the root of the problem.

Regards,
Disappointed and Disgusted

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank BBDeltaQueen662

Travelers are raving about these Niceville hotels

Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

First room was sandy AND noisy, as it was an adjoining room w/a gap under the door so we could hear everything in our neighbor's room. we got switched to a different room – at least it was quieter in that one. The floor was just as sandy, so we got a broom that was lying against the wall nearby, and swept it ourselves. I'll echo another traveler who stayed here; bring sandals to walk around the room, or bring your own cleaning supplies. Cable "froze" so we couldn't watch after an hour here. They said it was hotel-wide. Internet was in and out, mostly out. Breakfast ok. Shower worked. 20 minutes from beach in Ft Walton, and it was cheaper than Ft Walton, still pretty high for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 596silverblue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Traveling on business I get to stay in a lot of different hotels. I have to say this one was one of the best for the price! It was like coming home away from home. My room had plenty of room to move around in. Love having a refrigerator and microwave for my convenience too. Continental breakfast was small, but for free, no complaints. You do have a Cracker Barrel right next door, within walking distance, which made it even a more convenient place to stay. The best part for me was the very comfortable mattress and the fresh laundry smell of the linens, had me sleeping like a baby! I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ellen C
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

After an extended weekend trip to Niceville for a wedding, I decided to stay at the Quality Inn. All weekend I searched and searched, and just couldn't find the quality.

The room appeared to have been remodeled somewhat recently. When I checked in, the room appeared to be clean. The vinyl "faux wood" floor was disgusting. Do not under any circumstances walk on the floor barefoot. It probably was never cleaned. In fact, I didn't even notice a mop on the housekeeping cart, so I would venture to guess they are never mopped. The sheets felt like sandpaper. The pillows were very small, and had a funny odor to them. The light switches are on a motion sensor, which ordinarily is fine, but doesn't make sense that the only outlet near the bed is on a lamp and turns off every so often. Good luck trying to charge your phone while sleeping. The "Q Shower" has the water pressure of my garden mist sprayer; I get the water conservation, but it takes a good 20 minutes to shower.

All that would have been forgiven if one fatal error did not occur. When I returned late at night, my key did not work. When I went to the front desk, they just made me a new key without checking my ID. So who else would they have made a key for my room? After that, I did not feel secure staying there, and would never return due to that. That is front desk 101.

Like my title says, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian W
QualityInnEglinGM, General Manager at Quality Inn At Eglin AFB, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey on Trip Advisor. Our staff is held to a high standard, and I assure you that the incidence with your key was an isolated one. We are using new cleaning products on our recently installed flooring, and are tweaking them a bit to get things just right. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard to keep the rooms tip top shape, and I apologize if you felt your room was not getting the attention it needed. I would be more than happy to discuss a way to resolve this issue, and hope you will consider giving us another try in the future.

Austin Pace
Quality Inn Eglin AFB
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had a wedding to go to in the near by beach. This hotel was close and not too costly. The room was clean except for the sand we brought in, mats would be a nice touch. Pillows where half size, I'm not a fan, but not to soft as to disappear they were just right. I slept well and didn't want to leave. The breakfast was good. They had Waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, and cereal. Apple and orange juice, and coffee too. I pre-paid so my check in and out took less then a min. I would use this hotel again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Bring sandals to walk around the room, its sandy.