WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn At Eglin AFB

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Panama City Florida
“Good stay for the money and location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Hotel was clean and confortable. It is the location closest to the airport and that we really liked shower was good and the beds comfortable.It is good for an overnite stay on way to the airport. We were on the second floor and it was quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Closet hotel to airport. Better more high class hotels are farther away. This met our needs for the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have stayed at this location quite a few times and i was blown away with the service and the comfort of the room. The queen pillowtops are extremely comfortable and the front desk staff goes above and beyond to grant whatever request you have. The housekeepers are very friendly, even had a housekeeper leave us a note thanking us for staying with them and if we needed anything to let her know. Will continue to stay here and will recommand ANYONE to stay here.
The room was beyond perfect, ice cold a/c, clean towels, smelled and looked wonderful when you first open that door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
granbury, tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here overnight after getting bumped from the last flight of the day out of the Ft. Walton Airport. The best thing about it is that it is easy to get to from the airport. Check in was easy; the gentleman at the front desk was new on the job, but friendly and efficient. The room was quite and comfortable, but had a slight musty smell. I would go back for just an overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nanski3
Gaylordsville, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Having stayed here before, I was not disappointed this trip. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was considerably less than another chain around the corner and had everything I needed. Easy entrance and exit and near enough to everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Royalton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room stunk like cat pee,it was dirty,old....The free breakfast not worth staing here!!!!! Could not sleep the room felt so dirty! Bathroom gross!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LISA7665

Travelers are raving about these Niceville hotels

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have no complaints about this motel itself. It's in pretty good shape, clean, with microwave and mini refrigerator. The pool area is clean, with fresh towels by the pool.It was very convenient to my son's graduation ceremony from the EOD school on the base. As another reviewer said, it's a bit far from the beach, but far less expensive. Easy to find, convenient to grocery stores and restaurants, and easy to get in and out of.
However, we did have one significant problem. We arose early and went to breakfast, putting up the "do not disturb" sign when we left the room. We came back and took our showers, taking down the sign before we left, before 10 am. When we returned late that afternoon, wanting a shower and expecting to find a clean room and fresh towels, we found...nothing. The room had not been touched. When I called the front desk, they told me it was because I had asked not to be disturbed. When I told them that I had removed the sign before 10 am, they told me that I should have called the front desk to report that the sign had been removed; the cleaners check only once. I protested such a policy--it wasn't like I'd stayed in the room for the majority of the day--and they did discount my bill--but I do think that the cleaners should be able to check the room again in the late morning to see if the status of the rooms has changed.There are many reasons that one would ask early in the morning not to be disturbed, and would leave early enough to facilitate a room cleaning.
I would stay here again, but I would definitely call the front desk if I changed the status of my do not disturb sign. I do think the cleaners opted out of their duties a bit early, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to re-check those rooms later on their shift. I'm one of the few people who leaves a tip for the chambermaids...too bad!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank phdwannabe2
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel was a nice surprise. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We had a king bed with a microwave and mini fridge. The a/c worked well, plenty of hot water, and towels were ok too. The staff was very friendly. Everyone we passed greeted us morning and night. The size of the room was nice and I was able to work at night at the desk without repositioning all of our belongings. There were plenty of restaraunts on the main street across from the hotel. I thought the rate was a tad high for a Sunday night in a small town but I needed a place to stay and was treated very nice. No regrets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank getupandgojax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#10 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Destin

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!