“Referred an out of town group”

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Niceville, Florida
“Referred an out of town group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Once again, Donna and her crew have gone above and beyond. Recently I had the opportunity to suggest a local hotel for a National Conference group that would be in town this spring. Donna and her people were gracious in answering their concerns and gave them a great price.
Words can not express how important this is for those of us who have this chance to "show off" our area.
The Quality Inn in Niceville has yet to let me down. It is not on the water but they show off the important view of Niceville. Nice people. Nice Folks. Wins in my book every time. I can't wait to hear what our visitors have to say.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

If you have allergies, I would choose someplace else. I checked 4 rooms before choosing one and they ALL had a mold/musty smell. Very heavy smell. The metal in each room had rust all over as well showing proof of heavy moisture exposure. I do have allergies but choose to stay anyways and ended up with a headache and swollen in the morning. OTHER THAN THIS ISSUE...it is an excellent choice if you don't have a problem with allergies. Carpets were clean, beds comfy, breakfast good (not much choice on fruit though). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Prices are best in area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are pet rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mytraveltime2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was my second time staying at this Quality Inn. I stayed here in 2007 and again in July 2011 each time for 4 nights Thursday-Sunday. With both stays I never had any issues with room cleanliness, hotel staff, or anything else. The free breakfast here has great waffles. The pool and spa are nice. This hotel is only a short drive away from Ft. Walton Beach. At $67 a night this hotel is hard to beat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked this hotel because we were visiting friends in Niceville. The hotel was clean & quiet. There were LOTS of families there that weekend (Memorial Day), and many kids in the pool...but our room on poolside was nice and quiet when it was time to go to bed.
This was a good value compared to staying closer to the beach. We drove over to Destin to enjoy the beach for a day, and it was only about 20 minutes from the hotel. The continental breakfast was adequate, but not great. The best was the waffle maker. We found this hotel was very diverse, but everyone was pleasant and well mannered. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I recommend this hotel as a clean, comfortable, safe, basic hotel. Very close to the Northwest Regional Airport VPS. Very convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Babyqueru
Hermon, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

This hotel was a wonderful stay. From the time I signed in to the time I left the staff made me feel very welcome and they were friendly and professional. The hotel is in a nice quiet area the pool is great!! The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! I will definately stay here again in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank dmerry00
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

My urge for white crystal sand running through my toes finally got to me. Even though I know my wife and I had waited until the last minute, I was determined to get to my favorite beach in Destin, FL. One July 2nd, I began hunting hotel availability. Absolutely all of my favorite spots in Destin were full and running at minimum of $160 per night for 7/3 and 7/4. So I expanded to Niceville across the bay. Same full status for all hotels there per the internet. Started calling and found one LAST room (smoking) at the Quality Inn - Niceville on highway 85 North. With no previous review on Tripadvisor, I had to think about making this jump. Took a chance based on my previous stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Niceville which was very good and was just down the street from the Quality Inn.

Drove the 6 hours and found the following:
Location - 16 miles from the beaches of Destin, FL via the mid-bay bridge ($2.50 each way). The area was primarily strip shopping centers, residential - middle to lower middle income impression, safe enough with you still taking some basic precautions as to who was about. Taking highway 85 South from I-10 is a quick way to get here.

Hotel - Although this hotel is not as nice as the others that I've stayed in here, it is in no way a bad hotel. I would say that 'very good basic' is a good description. The rooms face to the outside of the building, use key cards for entry and are in three different building. Parking lot lighting could be better, but it will do fine.

Rooms - Again the words 'very good basic' come to mind. The rooms are a decent size (I got lucky with a non-smoking rooms after all at check-in) with basic furnishing. They do include a microwave and a refrigerator though. I'll supply photos of the rooms and exterior when my trip is completed.

Rates - As a AARP member I got a very good rate of less than $100 per night, which is half of what some of the other hotels were charging for the 4th of July weekend.

Staff - The staff was friendly and was very pleased to get me into a non-smoking room when they had a cancellation.

Other amenities - I'm sitting in the lobby and it appears that they will have a hot breakfast available in the morning, including waffles, etc. The do NOT have wireless in the rooms, but they do have ethernet (so bring your cable). In the lobby though, you can use wireless as I am doing now.

Restaurants - There are not a lot of good restaurants nearby. Go to Destin for that type of thing they have ones that you are familiar with and one that you may not have heard of. Louisiana Lagniappe, my god the food there has always been great, but a little bit pricey.

Shopping - Again not much in the area, but Destin has a huge outlet center with great stores and many great bargains.

My overall impression for a budget hotel would be 7 with a scale of 1 to 10.

The only negative is having to drive over to Destin and across a bridge which can sometimes get crowded. But hey, that is my fault for not looking for hotels earlier.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lifetraveler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Be...
#4 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#13 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!