“Great Find”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Great Find”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Destin after reading positive reviews on Urbanspoon. We weren't disappointed. First of all, it isn't as difficult to find as some folks have written. Just look for the marina and park. Head towards the water and there is the restaurant. It is open air seating with a lovely view. There were two of us who ordered the grilled grouper which was the fish of the day. Our meals were cooked to perfection and delicious. Prices on the lunch menu are very reasonable for what you get. Service was prompt and our server was very pleasant. Glad we found this restaurant, and we will stop again on our next trip to Destin.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank TennesseeDaisy

Miami, Florida
“Excellent atmosphere, and food.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

There were 5 in our party and everyone joyed the food. The appetizers, and entrees were excellent. Service needs some improvement. Very slow at refilling our drinks. We probably could've drank 3 drinks each more than what we had. So it was their lose. The band they had was excellent.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sirdwilly
Niceville FL
“Don't remember haveing a better meal!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Location, and service were excellent. Food was better than either the wife or I expected. Not sure how either of our entrees could be improved.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Niceville-Bill
Bozeman, Montana
“Best waterfront food in Niceville”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Big fish is by far our favorite place to have good food on the water in Niceville. (Schooners is our favorite place for a drink though). Big fish is soooooo much better than prior restaurant's food. The menu is lighter and fresher and more inventive. Great atmosphere.

2 Thank Strigs8
Niceville, Florida
“Fantastic view, good location, great food, but the service was "mixed"”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Facility, Location, and View: 5 Stars
Okay, I've eaten at the Big Fish Grill a number of times, and I patronized this location when it was operated under a different name with a different owner. I love the view from this restaurant, and the large number of dockside tables. Its one of the easiest places to find a table with a water view in the city of Niceville. The restaurant is clean and well kept. The bar area seems clean, even behind the bar, itself. The restrooms are clean and bright...nicely decorated. The atmostphere is virtually identical to the restaurant that operated there before. But it was good then, so I won't complain about the fact that nothing changed.

Parking: 5 Stars
For a restaurant with a waterfront location, the amount of parking and the layout of the parking area is excellent. Its a short walk to the restaurant from virtually any parking space. But there are a good number of parking spaces, the parking lot is paved and clean, and it's one of the most "wheelchair-friendly" restaurant parking lots you'll find in Niceville.

Food: 5 Stars
The menu is fairly "robust" in its number of selections for a small restaurant with very limited kitchen size (yes, I've seen it). I've never had even a "just good" meal here. The foold has always been excellent. From the Mahi-Mahi tacos to the French Toast, the food is wonderful and the presentation is superior.

Service: 4 Stars
This is an area where I have to divide my review between individuals. We had a young female server who was cute, polite, and very helpful in her knowledge of the menu and her willingness to make wonderful recommendations. She was attentive and gave us outstanding service. The second time we went to Big Fish we asked for the same girl. She said she was a college student. The most recent time we dined there we had another young lady we hadn't had before, and she was very good as well.

My only complaint about Big Fish is that they have a female bartender who tends to be rude and abrupt. I've seen our waitress drop off drink orders and had this bartender take what seemed to be "forever" doing whatever she was doing behind the bar. But I don't understand why the servers can't simply walk behind the bar and pour a glass of wine and pull a bottle of beer, themselves. What the heck? Out of the last four or five times we've been there we've seen this "dynamic" twice. I always seat myself with my back to the water--facing the bar--so my wife can have the better view. So I'm sitting there watching while this goes on. The waitress takes our drink order, and within 20 seconds hands the order off to the bartender. And twice now I've seen it take at least 5 minutes for this bartender, who had no other tables waiting for drinks at the time (early afternoon), and she still seems to "stall" handing the drinks over to the waitress. It's maddening to sit and watch it when its your order that's not being filled. A Corona with a wedge of lime, and a glass of wine! What's so hard about that that a waitress can't handle it? I don't know what's going on there.

I'd rate this pace Five Stars were it not for the female bartender. Aside from that, the food is great, and the service is always outstanding. We've had two different girls wait on us, and both of them are outstanding. One girl is a college student...tall and "leggy." And the other is a little shorter and maybe a year or two older. But they're both very attentive, well-mannered, and they know the menu like they write it themselves.

No real complaints at all. Just one "irritant."

• Visited July 2014