“Better than you'd expect”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #51 of 86 Restaurants in Niceville
Niceville, Florida
“Better than you'd expect”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've eaten at a lot of diners like this and for most of them the focus is to simply provide fuel for laborers. There's nothing wrong with that; having been one of the laborers, I've always appreciated a hot fresh meal of simple no nonsense food either before or after a shift. Waffle house has evolved though and has a lot of interesting menu options. What sets the Niceville location apart though are the staff, who are very friendly.

I enjoy coming here with my wife for a decent reasonably priced breakfast/brunch when I don't want her to have to cook. We always get good food freshly prepared with little or no waits and at a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?

My go-to favorite is the fiesta omelette with a jalapeno biscuit and scattered smothered covered hash browns. I can be fairly picky on my coffee and the dark roast coffee they serve here is excellent.

• Visited July 2014

Niceville, Florida
“Standard food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

If you've ever been to a Waffle House, you know what you're getting here for food. A menu and cooking technique you can count on. People that know how to make you a good breakfast in fast, diner fashion.

After food quality and cook competence, what people really want to know about chain restaurants is whether the staff is friendly, fast and welcoming. This Waffle House has nice staff. I was there for an early lunch/late breakfast on a Wednesday morning. I watched the staff have a good time with each other and their customers. Everyone seemed to get along and have a good working atmosphere together (important when the customers can see everything you do and hear everything you say). I also watched two different waitresses and a cook take special care of a few elderly regulars. If I were those elderly people I would come here everyday, too. The staff made those people feel like they were being made breakfast by their loving kids and grand kids. It was a pleasure to watch.

As non-regulars we were treated just fine and the order came just as we requested.

Visited August 2013