“Good grouper dishes and attentive service - plus the view.”
Review of Boathouse Landing

Boathouse Landing
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had grandkids along so thought it best to sit outside by the water. They could walk around and look at the boats without getting (too much) in the way. Our waitress (Teresa?) promptly brought out the requested chicken strips while the adult entrees cooked. Everyones dishes were great (blackened grouper special, po boy sandwich) and drinks were good too.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Always a pleasure to go here. Have visited multiple times. Booked a small party in Dec 2011 which was a great success. Very enjoyable and food is always great.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Everything we have always had has been good there. You can dine inside or out or just have drinks.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The view was probably the only plus for this restaraunt. This was the first restaraunt we went to on our visit to the area. We were really looking forward to some good seafood. I ordered the grouper PO Boy and my wife ordered the shrimp PO Boy. Neither had a fesh taste to it. Almost like they had been swimming in dirty pond water. The french fries tasted old and stale also. I am not sure if they were having a bad day or what. The local hotel said they were the best in the immediate area.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our third try for a good meal at the Boathouse....but they failed as usual. The best items in the place are the hushpuppies with strawberry butter and the mixed vegetables. My husband and I shared a bowl of the gumbo which was just plain nasty...did not even taste like gumbo. I had the broiled seafood platter for $16.95. Talk about skimpy. One small piece of fish, one stuffed crab (the frozen kind), three sad little, over cooked shrimp and three tiny scallops. My husband had the stuffed shrimp with hollendaise. Not a good choice even tho it is highlighted on the menu as if to say...this is the best we have. Again, frozen shrimp with store bought hollendaise. So So wait staff, a bit too eager as if they are expecting you to complain about the food. If someone in management had come by I would have told them our opinion but I guess they hide in the kitchen or upstairs in their residence. I don't blame them. Great view but I can get that at my house. Save your money...go to the Compass Rose or Tradewinds for about the same $$ and get freshly prepared, tasty food.