“Good food but prices are high”
Review of Helga's - CLOSED

Helga's
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2010

The food was excellent. Authentic German food, but coming from Germany the prices are extremely high. Be prepared to spend $60.00 to $100.00 for two easily. I don't think they will last with those prices in Niceville. Right now it's something new, however, $18.00 for a plate is overrated. The salads are awesome, but very skimpy. The service is great if you go in when it's dead. We went last night and they were out of a lot of the food. What in the world??? Seriously? It just makes me miss Germany and the real deal with a cheap check. If we do go back it will be for the beer garden only.

1  Thank RLFFlorida

Reviewed February 13, 2010

I have been to Germany and the food at Helga's was outstanding! We drove over an hour to enjoy our lunch. We had the Wiener Schnitzel, the german potato salad and cucumber salad were great and so was the Spatzle with a side of the Mushroom gravy! We will got back for sure! Jackie our waitress was very friendly and the Owner met us also! Lunch prices were great also!

Reviewed June 20, 2009

We love the abundance of seafood in our beautiful area but also love to visit one of our local favorites, the Bitburger. Whether it's lunch or dinner, there are specials, the salads are terrific, I especially love the home fried potatoes, I can't think of any place that makes them better than Bitburger. And the schnitzel is terrific with lots of options. We love the saurbraten and even an occasional steak. Rudy and Maria go the extra mile to be sure their customers are satisfied and Rudy's special Black Forest Cake the ultimate dessert. They have created a "brand" that is unsurpassed in this area. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

My friends and I love good German food and we are so happy with Bitburger we all wanted to get some to go for the ride back north. The food is perfection, good beer, nice atmosphere, good service. The owner always seems to be floating around and happy to see you. No matter what you order you will leave happy. We all had such a food high from eating there when it finally wore off my friends were enthusiastic about the leftovers.

Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and inlaws are german so we had to try this place out. It is a very charming little place with lots of german knick knacks. We opted to sit outside and had a great time out there drinking liter beers while we waited for our food. the food was delicious, everyone enjoyed it. We will be back down this summer and making several trips to Bitburger.