“Who cares about seafood, eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Helga's - CLOSED

Helga's
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Louisville, Kentucky
“Who cares about seafood, eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

My friends and I love good German food and we are so happy with Bitburger we all wanted to get some to go for the ride back north. The food is perfection, good beer, nice atmosphere, good service. The owner always seems to be floating around and happy to see you. No matter what you order you will leave happy. We all had such a food high from eating there when it finally wore off my friends were enthusiastic about the leftovers.

Northern VA
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and inlaws are german so we had to try this place out. It is a very charming little place with lots of german knick knacks. We opted to sit outside and had a great time out there drinking liter beers while we waited for our food. the food was delicious, everyone enjoyed it. We will be back down this summer and making several trips to Bitburger.

Alabama
“Don't pass this one up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This restaurant is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lived in Germany as a child and I LOVE German food. As an adult, I have found very few restaurants which serve authentic German fare. While on vacations I seek out any German restaurants in the area, I have been to six differnt ones throughout the U.S. I hit the jackpot this time! I called for a reservation for my husband and myself for 5:30. I'm glad I did because the place started filling up quickly after our arrival. We were greeted and seated promptly by a very friendly staff. The place reminded me of my childhood memories of visits to the local restaurants. Then came the food. I was not disappointed. The meal was excellent! Everything was fresh and piping hot from the kitchen. I thoroughy enjoyed every bite and the portion size was more than I expected, but I ate everything as to not waste such an incredible meal. We even ordered dessert to bring back to our hotel. We were also pleased with the cost and if we were not returning home, I would definately be back for seconds! I envy the locals for having the opportunity to visit here on a regular basis and I highly recommend they do. Thank you Bitburger Pub for a delectable dining experience. I will definately see you the next time that I visit Niceville or travel anywhere in the area.

2 Thank jsnsgrl
Niceville, FL
“The Bitburger is back - and it's great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

The Bitburger used to be a great place for authentic German food and beer until the chef left a few years ago and new owners took over. My husband and I stopped eating there because the food became almost inedible. Thankfully, a new owner/chef recently arrived from Germany and the food is wonderful again. The new menu boasts a variety of Schnitzel, salads and trout dishes, as well as freshly made soups as appetizers.
We just had lunch there and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The 'Schnitzel' sandwich for $ 7.95 and the Jaegerschnitzel for less than $10 were excellent values.
In addition to the delicious food, the atmosphere and decor of this restaurant is terrific. It feels like an authentic German pub, furnished with lots of antiques.
Service was friendly and fast.
We're glad that there's finally a great place to eat in Bluewater Bay/Niceville!

3 Thank LizzyBennett12