“average, maybe”

Cuisines: Mexican
Niceville, Florida
“average, maybe”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

went for the buffet for a quick lunch and they could't keep the buffet filled, kinda lame

Visited April 2012

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Wonderful, fresh food!!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Have to say...hands down best food I've had in years. Originally from Texas I have been looking for a spot....now i have found it. Ceviche was to die for and the tejas combo has the best of whats offered....yummy. Check it out you wont be dissapointed.....as for me i'll be back VERY soon!

• Visited February 2012
Cambridge, England
“Food good - service very very slow”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Today was my second lunch experience at this place, and I have been less than impressed both times. The first time, the service was very slow, but the waitress kept our drinks and chips filled, so I decided not to say anything - maybe it was fluke that everything else was slow.

After my lunch experience today, I can say for sure that the first visit was no fluke. We arrived at the restaurant at 11:30, and our drink orders were taken immediately. When our waitress brought the drinks, we weren't quite ready to order, so we asked for a minute. One minute to us, meant 10 minutes to her. It was taking so long that I was getting ready to get up to actually go look for our waitress.

After placing our orders, we waited... and waited... 20 minutes later, our waitress informed me that they were out of chicken for my order, and asked if beef was okay. I'm sure I had a look of shock on my face. For three reasons: 1) Chicken is a main staple of the menu - if 1/3 of your menu will be unavailable due to the kitchen's lack of planning, that tells me you have a poorly run kitchen. 2) It took 20 minutes for someone to notice the order and tell me they were out of chicken. 20 minutes?!?! 3) Asking if "beef is okay" is not the proper solution. Asking "Can I get you something else?" is correct.

At this point we had been there 30 minutes. Chips and salsa finally arrived, and our drinks were refilled. After 20 more minutes, the chips were empty, and our waitress asked if we wanted more. Not saying anything about our wait, or when our food would be ready. She said she'd be right out with more chips. Five more minutes go by, and our food comes out. We never got the second order of chips. And, my order was actually made with chicken. I certainly appreciate the effort of going to the store to get more chicken, but if that's what was holding up our food order, I'd rather have had the cheese entree I chose instead.

At 12:40 we were ready for to-go boxes, and our bill. Our waitress was no where in sight. We waited a couple of mintues, and still nothing. Another waitress was right beside of us, and never offered to help, even after I said to my husband, loudly, "Suppose she can get our waitress for us?"

We were in a rush to get back for an important job interview at 1pm, and since it was 12:45 we couldn't wait any longer. We left money on the table (we hope it was enough since we never got a bill), and our left overs (since we never got the opportunity to ask for boxes).

If this place wants to stay in business, they're going to have to kick it up a notch in service. Their main lunch clientele will most likely be from the local military base - where most people get only 30-60 minutes for lunch. Nearly an hour and a half is simply unacceptable.

Unless I start hearing super great things about the service at this place, I will not be going back, and won't be recommending it to anyone either.

• Visited December 2011
Madrid, Spain
“The queso is sooo good we like the bowl every time!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

One of our favorite restaurants. We were sad to see them leave downtown Fort Walton Beach. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2011