“Best Staff Ever!”

Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was perfectly placed near the beach and Eglin AFB. VERY clean and the nicest most helpful staff ever. We will definitely stay here again when we visit our family next year. We can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: We had to call direct to get connecting rooms, but the front desk staff was very accomodating. They...
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great staff, great hotel.
The location is great if you prefer seclusion- it's about 15 minutes from Eglin but is in a great spot on the bayou.
At the front desk Karolin was outstanding- very helpful and accommodating.
Michelle in housekeeping was also excellent and does a great job.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The next morning when I went down for breakfast, the young lady behind the check-in counter said "Good morning Mr. Kalinoski" I was surprised that she remembered my name among all the guests that arrived the previous night. I wish I remember her name! Now that's how you treat guests that will keep them coming back..first class staff throughout this whole hotel!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently lived here for my third time, this time for three weeks. I say lived and not stayed because the entire staff made me feel right at home. Whether it was Karolin greeting me when I arrived at midnight and taking care of my every little need like allowing me to find just the right room for perfect WI-FI connectivity, Audrey wishing me a good day every morning when I headed out to the work place, or Amy (and all the cleaning staff) leaving me pleasantries each day to ensure my day always ended on a happy note, these three ladies and the entire staff made me feel like family. And when things did not go so perfectly in every department, someone was always there, typically before I was even aware of the issue, informing me of status and when things would be perfect again. Frankly, the entire staff made me feel like I was the only guest when in reality the hotel was full for the entire three weeks. Further, as others have pointed out, the location of this hotel provided me quick access to wherever I needed to get to each day; whether it was Fort Walton Beach, Egln AFB, Destin, Bluewater, or Shalamar; I enjoyed an easy commute. Due to the hours I worked while there, I did not get an opportunity to partake in the morning breakfast, although the staff did provide nice carry-out bagged snacks at the reception counter each morning. Another nice touch that I did not get to take advantage of was the Wednesday night mini-buffet where each week a different restaurant would cater. This attribute may or may not still be in affect; might want to ask about this one prior to booking. If I had to point to any issue I had during my stay it would be that of one that most visitors should not encounter. Because I often worked late into the night while there, sometimes arriving back at the hotel near midnight, I would sometimes often get the very last parking space, leaving me a bit anxious. I expect this was due to it being over Memorial Day weekend and the hotel being completely full at the time. All, said, you just cannot go wrong with this choice; best value I've encountered in some time. I will definitely return when back in town.

Room Tip: If you are staying over a weekend and you need absolute quiet, choose a room on the opposite side of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Neat and clean as a pin- a bit out of town but quiet and very well run property. Would stay again. We booked this hotel as a transition to a much more expensive hotel on the beach as we were scheduled to get in late. Had some concern about it being a USAF base hotel but that was totally unfounded. Hotel was like new.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We needed a "home base" for our family reunion stay in the Niceville-Eglin-Destin area. The folks at the Hampton Inn were uniformly friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfasts were a bonus. Rooms and hotel clean. Very easy access to the areas we needed (family in Niceville and beaches in Destin). The staff alone warrant future stays, but the fact that the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable to condition even in the warm/humid season makes this a solid choice. Great for both families and business travel.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Resonable location, Standard Hamption Inn Quality, nice, clean, helpfull staff, reasonable resturants in the area. do not wast the extra money for bay view,,, it out there but, its not a "quote" bay view, you can see water and a bridge, no harbor, no boats,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!