“Dated, but friendly service.”

Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night due to an early flight the following day. The bed was great, they clean duvets and blankets which is a plus. The first floor room I stayed in was dark due to a very high privacy fence outside the window. The room had a 32 inch flat screen television and free wifi. The cookies were great. The rooms were in need of an update especially at the price paid for a mid-line hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would rate this property higher except the wifi in the room was inconsistent and non existent at times. No matter where I stood except next to the door I could only obtain two bars on my iPad. This is not acceptable for any property. I brought it to the managers attention however she was surprised. The manager was attentive and did move me from the first room I was in but it ended up being not much better. If the wifi actually worked I would have given the hotel a strong 4 stars.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
mlhartley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here August 2012 while visiting new grandbaby. Daughter and son-in-law stationed at Eglin AFB. I found the staff incredibly pleasant and helpful. We stay in a variety of Hilton properties - from in-city Hiltons to various Hampton Inns and everything in between. It is not the largest Hampton Inn by any means; but certainly fine for the wonderful little town of Niceville. It has a very nice staff who always made us feel welcome. All common areas were kept clean and organized. I would stay here again; and highly recommend. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to beach/shopping areas of Destin; so it is also a good value if you do not "have" to stay on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view to overlook the bayou across the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay the first time we went to Destin at this Hotel. As always, the staff was very friendly and helpful while being there. We loved it so much that we decided to book again for this summer and take the family back to the beach in Destin.

Upon arriving, we found that the sheets were filled with the previous guests hairs. We didn't want to sleep there but we did contact the helpdesk and since it was evening, the person that was at the front-desk was very nice to come up and change all the sheets and pillows. She, even got new ones to replace the covers. I have to say that they took care of us very well while being there.

The manager went out looking for us at the parking lot and was also very apologetic and even looked for us one day while we departing to the beach one morning.

They offered an apology and promised to send us a 2 night stay gift certificate for the next time we would stay there for the possible next vacation and we would love to.

So why do I give them a Terrible review even if they did correct the problems and promised about a gift certificate? It's been over 2 months and we have yet to receive anything. I think that they were just trying to pull our leg and say , "lets make sure they don't complain about us and hope they forget. Maybe they don't know anything about adding reviews about us."

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank warpc0re
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stay in 40-45 hotels a year and very few measure up to the Hampton Inn in Niceville, FL. The property is clean and well appointed and the staff makes me feel welcome and caters to my every need. hey are attentive to every aspect of my stay and work diligently to ensure everything is perfect. I will stay at this hotel whenever I am in the Northwest Florida area.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stay here 3 to 4 times a year when in town on business. This is the best hotel in the area. Friendly and helpful staff, and great breakfasts. Good location, close to Eglin Airforce Base, Ft. Walton, Destin, Crestview and SantaRosa Island. The rooms are always clean and ready and I have been allowed to check in early on more than one occasion.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

What stood out for me and my family was just how friendly everyone was. It seemed very genuine and not something that you can teach people. This makes up for alot. However, here is my list of things that were not as good as I would have liked:

(1) I think $145 a night is too much money. Negotiate a better rate. There are a few newer, more affordable hotels/motels closer to Eglin than this one.
(2) We had what was considered a bay view room. Yes, you could see water but what you see is really more of a "finger" than the bay itself.
(3) The first morning's hot breakfast consisted of omlettes and sausage patties; however, the pantry was not able to keep up and needed at least 10 minutes to resupply. Way too long for guests to be waiting. However, the cook was friendly and apologetic.
(4) I was purchasing property in the area and needed to use the hotel's business office for guests. They claim to offer the ability to print from your laptop to their printer by uploading your computer files to their web based printer server/spooler site. Although I followed the directions properly and received the appropriate 6 digit codes to print my files locally, the computer was not able to locate these files.I even involved the hotel staff in the process. They received the same results. Since Niceville doesn't have a Staples/Office Max in the area, I had to go to the local library to print these documents out. A painful and unnecessary process when you are trying to purchase property in the area.
(5) They were cleaning the elevator door tracks during the day when guests were trying to move between floors. Found this out after waiting several minutes for the elevator NOT to arrive and went down the steps. However, the stairwells were easy to move up and down. Should have been accomplished later in the day (early afternoon prior to check in...not when guests are moving out).

I want to finish this on a high note.....VERY FRIENDLY STAFF......most of this other stuff is easily corrected. Not easy to fix genuine hospitality!!

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the bay view rooms if you are looking for a better value.
1  Thank Ray S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!