“Delish and quick”

One 20
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the fall of 2009 Chef Pettis opened “ONE 20 A MODERN BISTRO” his very own restaurant. ONE 20 is a 75 seat modern bistro, featuring simple fare with a modern culinary twist. You can feel comfortable enjoying brunch on a Sunday after church, or a quick executive business lunch meeting with a client. Maybe a romantic evening with your special someone or just a excuse to take to family out for dinner. ONE 20 features culinary treasure’s from Chef Pettis’ southern upbringing as well as his worldly travels and of course you will find his ever present Southeast Asian and Japanese influences.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We ordered the mac and cheese, burger and fried green tomaters...burger was large and cooked to order and all the food was delish!

There are newer reviews for One 20

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm a huge fan of the One20. Chef Dan is a three-time winner of "Best Chef" on the Emerald Coast, from Emerald Coast magazine.

The food at the One20 is outstanding, and the service is incredible. My wife's favorite is the shrimp and grits. I prefer the burger (it's incredible), and I love a number of the other menu items. The French fry dipping sauce is terrific...you have to try it.

It may be hard to believe. But you'll find some of the best wait staff anywhere in Okaloosa County there in the One20. We love Brittany! She's awesome!

But the best thing about the One20, in my opinion, is something most customers never see. Dan Pettis (owner and head chef) is one of the most public-spirited business owners on the Emerald Coast. He runs a monthly farmer's market on his property to let locals sell some of what they grow and make at home. But more importantly, Dan is a huge supporter of some wonderful local children's charities.

Okaloosa County is home to some of the most fantastic children's charities I've ever seen...some large and some small. And I happen to know the director of one of these charities. I can't count the number of times she's told me that she's asked Dan for help of one kind or another, and his answer has always been "Yes!." And that wonderful, supportive attitude is also demonstrated by his partner.

Dan is not just a businessman. He's the kind of guy who builds a wonderful community. I don't have a child who is served by any children's charity. But I know some parents who do. And the One20 has touched not only my palate...but my heart.

If you haven't tried the One20, you've missed a treat.

Look for the Groupon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Two families getting together for a celebration. The chef came out to the table at the beginning of the evening, and after the meal. Such personal attention was a treat. We all enjoyed spicy fried shrimp, and several bowls of french fries as appetizers. The mac & cheese for the kids was delicious! My tuna steak was cooked rare (my request), and served with some "wok cooked" veggies and brown rice. I was 100% satisfied. I'll be back.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you're a fan of eating bland, passionless food where every cost cutting corner has been cut while paying $60 a plate, this is the restaurant for you. The spicy poke was 95% cucumber where real poke has none, 80% of the food brought out was fried carbs, and this after a short preppy speech by the waitress about how at one 20, they believe in serving fresh, natural dishes that don't leave you stuffed, and service was awful, we had a reservation and still had to wait fifteen minutes to even be spoken to, with empty tables clearly available. Even with a groupon making it half price, our total cost was $75 for two people. They also decided the "free bottle of wine with dinner" in the groupon meant only two free glasses of wine, each of which was so-so. Would definitely not eat here again.

2  Thank Jon A
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Once again, Bistro One20 does not disappoint. I enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits while my wife had her usual, the Gulf Coast Salad topped with edamame. Service was delivered with hometown friendliness and a visit from the Chef, Dan Pettis. I am so grateful that such culinary talent has brought his gift to our town; he keeps the bistro affordable, community-minded, friendly and most of all, delicious. After tasting from the new menu for the first time, I understand why The Emerald Coast Magazine (ec) recognized him as "Best Chef of 2013". We'll definitely be back.