“Decent place to stay, short distance to nice beaches in Destin/FWB”

Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel was clean, easy to find, had a decent enough small breakfast. Room was fine, clean bathroom, nice bed, enough pillows. I used to be a Niceville local, so I think this is a great place to stay if you are beach bound-- as long as you know it is at least 15 minutes away from nice beaches!! The rate seems too high, even the military rate, but it's a busy area I guess with the nearby bases, airport and beaches.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back in the future! Kindest regards and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Breakfast was really good, clean and courteous staff. Hotel was well below perdiem. Even though it was very busy, hotel was still very well maintained. close to downtown, and was quite easy to get everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I booked a four night stay at the government rate at the Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB. Suffice it to say, it was one of my worst hotel experiences ever. I had just returned from a six month deployment and needed a place to stay while out-processing the base. I wasn't thrilled when I received a room on the first floor close to the front desk that turned out to be a handicap accessible room, coming with a shower that shares the floor with the rest of the bathroom. However, it seemed to be a decent-sized room and I didn't want to move all of my bags into another room. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable, there was free fast Wi-Fi and a good-sized flat screen tv.

During first night I began hearing the distinct sound of someone running on the treadmill. Turns out the exercise room was right behind the headboard of my bed. I went out to the front desk and asked if I could be switched to a different room. I was told that it was the last room left of my "rate" and that the exercise room is off-limits after 10pm. Apparently, if you're military, you get the worst room in the entire hotel. Fine, I would deal with it. I had a good night's sleep the first night. The next morning, I decided to try the free breakfast. It was a decent hotel breakfast with eggs, sausage links, and waffles.

The second night of my stay, I began to hear yet again someone running on the treadmill. This time it was after 10pm. I called the front desk and they informed the person of the hours. A short time later, I heard what sounded like a loud conversation coming from the exercise room. I went to check it out and turns out the tv was left on at a high volume...thanks exercise guy. I went to sleep a short time later and woke up around 5:30am to the sound of a man cursing really loud at someone. I thought perhaps it was coming from my window. I got up to take a look outside and saw no one. I called the front desk and said perhaps someone was yelling from the exercise room. They investigated and told me that no one was in there and the tv was off. The cursing continued and then I started hearing loud footsteps from the room above me. I called back the front desk and asked them if they would come to my room to listen. It didn't take long for them to realize where the noise was coming from and they promptly went upstairs to find the responsible party. The yelling stopped soon thereafter, but I could not go back to sleep at this point since I had to wake up anyways less than an hour later.

On the bright side, I am leaving one night earlier than expected. I don't know if I want to bother changing to a different room. Perhaps if I were given a different room, far away from the exercise room and the crazy man above man, I would have had a decent stay.

Room Tip: Any room far from the exercise room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience good or bad. I take this very seriously and use your feedback to help educated the staff in helping our guest have a great experience . Please except my apology on behalf of the entire team here. We are proud of our military soldiers and regret we came across otherwise. It does seem as if the staff quickly tried to quiet the noise and make your stay more pleasant, however failed. I hope you give us another opportunity to show you our dedication our guest.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Pleasant staff, clean bathroom, comfortable bed, free breakfast & Wi-Fi 10 minutes to airport not much more you can ask for. Happy hour with beer and pulled pork sliders a pleasant surprise. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your trip to Comfort Suites Niceville. We really get great joy in knowing that our guests have enjoyed themselves here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have stayed at the comfort suites a total of three times. Thankfully this will be our last visit. We booked our room months in advance and we're told same rate as before. Upon check-in hotel staff informed us-"oh well previously you visited in off season so we raised the price."

No one had called to inform us the price had increased nor was it a pleasant interaction with the staff when we upset with the change. Being this was the beginning of our trip-we accepted the rate and went on our way.

We were then informed that someone had made a mistake when taking down our reservation and we needed to check out a day early. Umm-being from the other side of the country how was that going to work? The manager, Joyce, was extremely rude. Even after making a second mistake would not even offer a curiosity one hour extra in our room to gather our items and relocate to another room-we had a military event that morning and would not make it back by the 11:00 checkout. She stated, " well the people checking in are paying the going rate where you guys are discounted (military discount is offered by the hotel) so either be out by 11:00 or all of your items will be taken and donated."

I am absolutely disgusted by the treatment of "management" staff here. While we had stayed here previously and it is a clean facility-the treated by the staff is no business I would like to support.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We appreciate the review you posted and apologize for not having the room type requested for the length of stay as well. We strive, every day, to honor all requests from our guests because it’s our job to ensure that you are happy and comfortable while staying with us. I also apologize for the misunderstanding with our front office manager. I hope you except the gift bag in your room and the discount off your room charge as a sincere apology from our entire staff. Please feel free to contact me directly at 850-279-6547 to discuss this matter further. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I came here for a 5-night business trip in the nearby area and found this place to be everything expected and then some. The entire facility is very neat and clean and they have all the amenities for a mid-range quality hotel.

The rooms are large and have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a nice large LCD TV. My bed was outstandingly comfortable and I like how they give you 5 or so pillows with different densities so your sure to match your likings to your favorite pillow at home.

Along with a continental style breakfast, they also serve waffles, eggs, and a rotation of breakfast meats every morning from 6:00 to 9:00. The hot breakfast was a great time saver each morning.

Tuesdays and Thursdays they have a Manager's special and serve free beer and wine from 4:00 to 6:00.

I didn't use the pool or exercise room but they both looked nice too however the pool and pool area is a bit small (you can see pictures on their web site).

All of the staff is "out of the way" friendly and I'd definitely come here for my next trip to Eglin.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator and vending/ice machine; I didn't have a problem with th...

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My reservation was for three adults and two children. The towels provided were insufficient. I did not request a handicap room, but was given one. When I requested another, the reply was unavilable. A change of mind occurred and we went from 324 to 303 and ended up in 205. We were out of 303 because the room was not ready, i.e. had not been inspected by the supervisor. Really?! Enough towels were not provided originally, the pull-out bed lacked pillow cases in addition to being able to feel each rod and spring attached therein. And upon our departure this moring, I misplaced a letter that I had written, and in the process moved the pull-out bed from the wall only to discover that a youngster had left a T-shirt.

Get the preparation right and acknowledge the error.

The kitchen service was great.

Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us good or bad. We take all matters seriously and take pride in the inspection process that should never be addressed with the guest. You are here to enjoy your stay not to deal with the back of house issues. I hope in the end we were able to get it right for you and look forward to proving to you we are dedicated to our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
#6 of 6 in Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview

Been to Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!