“Best Value”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Suisun City
“Best Value”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I came here for a 5-night business trip in the nearby area and found this place to be everything expected and then some. The entire facility is very neat and clean and they have all the amenities for a mid-range quality hotel.

The rooms are large and have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a nice large LCD TV. My bed was outstandingly comfortable and I like how they give you 5 or so pillows with different densities so your sure to match your likings to your favorite pillow at home.

Along with a continental style breakfast, they also serve waffles, eggs, and a rotation of breakfast meats every morning from 6:00 to 9:00. The hot breakfast was a great time saver each morning.

Tuesdays and Thursdays they have a Manager's special and serve free beer and wine from 4:00 to 6:00.

I didn't use the pool or exercise room but they both looked nice too however the pool and pool area is a bit small (you can see pictures on their web site).

All of the staff is "out of the way" friendly and I'd definitely come here for my next trip to Eglin.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator and vending/ice machine; I didn't have a problem with th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back in the future! Kindest regards and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My reservation was for three adults and two children. The towels provided were insufficient. I did not request a handicap room, but was given one. When I requested another, the reply was unavilable. A change of mind occurred and we went from 324 to 303 and ended up in 205. We were out of 303 because the room was not ready, i.e. had not been inspected by the supervisor. Really?! Enough towels were not provided originally, the pull-out bed lacked pillow cases in addition to being able to feel each rod and spring attached therein. And upon our departure this moring, I misplaced a letter that I had written, and in the process moved the pull-out bed from the wall only to discover that a youngster had left a T-shirt.

Get the preparation right and acknowledge the error.

The kitchen service was great.

Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us good or bad. We take all matters seriously and take pride in the inspection process that should never be addressed with the guest. You are here to enjoy your stay not to deal with the back of house issues. I hope in the end we were able to get it right for you and look forward to proving to you we are dedicated to our guest.
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Comfort Suites entire staffs from top to bottom were great, but certain people in
Particular stood out Angela/April/and the entire Front Desk. I'll be remised if I didn't mention the cleaning staff they were great my entire stay. I will stay at the Comfort Suites over and over again just, because of the wonderful people/services.

Sincerely yours,

Curtis Taylor

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. Your review is the reason we strive so hard to make sure you are satisfied with your stay. When you are at the Comfort Suites we want all of our guest to feel welcomed and comfortable during their stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Thank you.
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel! Had reservations and check in was easy and friendly with Angela. Other super friendly front desk staff was Krissy. I think that's what her name was....super nice, answered so many questions for me. We stayed 4 nights here. None of them disappointed us.
Housekeeping was great each time. We used the sofa bed, bedding and pillows were in closet. The sofa bed is at an angle which look really cool, but when it's pulled all the way out, it is a tight fit to maneuver between it and the desk. A/C thermostat is on the wall, not the unit, which I liked. Worked great! Bathroom was always restocked with toiletries and cleaned with fresh towels. Bathroom had toilet, sink and shower/tub all in one room.
Beds and pillows were super comfy.
The hotel really does like to keep it's hallways nice and cold. :)
Outside was pool was perfect temp and clean. Fitness room looked nice though we never used it.
Breakfast area was huge with plenty of seating. Usually tried to go around 7:30, never too busy. Went around 8 one morning, definitely busier. Every morning the food was restocked and the hostess was super friendly. We had 3 different ones during our 4 days. Always friendly, always restocking. They had different eggs/meat every day. Otherwise, you always had your waffle maker, juices, coffee, milk, cereals, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, danishes, bagels...etc. Super yummy! A fantastic way to start your day.
Even though the hotel is on a major road, noise is minimum. I never woke to slamming doors. It did always seem as though we had loud people above us stomping around. But not a big deal, and not the hotel's fault.
Every employee you ran into was always very friendly. Smile and saying hello.
Great wifi. Never had issues.
Be sure to walk next door to the Turkey Creek Trail. Amazing boardwalk trail. :)
As much as I loved this hotel, for our family, if we ever come back to Florida, we'll probably stay at a beachside hotel for convenience. If we were just visiting here and NOT using the beaches, then we'd definitely stay here! I loved this place!!

Room Tip: We had a room closer to the back of the hotel, towards the pool, maybe that helped keep the traffic...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 or 5 nights recently and were received warmly by the most helpful staff. I was able to store a cake large enough to feed 50. Jane in the kitchen enabled me to borrow a cutting board and knife to cut a large watermelon. Moreover, each morning at breakfast she was attentive to us as well as all of the other guests. The front desk staff was able to provide us several essentials that we forgot while packing. The housekeeping staff greeted us everyday and asked us if we needed anything.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and neat. Also, there is a good size refrigerator in the room along with a microwave.

The hotel is about 25 minutes from public beach access at Ft. Walton and probably 30 from Destin if you go over the Midway Bridge. This was not a problem for us. And apparently there is a closer beach between Niceville and Valpariso. We had the pleasure of joining some friends at a local restaurant on the water called Ernie's Dockside Cafe and Oyster Bar. Great food and excellent service.

My only complaint was that there were several large groups on our floor who did not respect the other guests. They were running up and down the hall at 10:30 and 11:00 at night. I do not fault the hotel for other people's behavior. When I called the front desk, they responded immediately to let us know that they were taking care of it and the noise ceased.

All and all, friendly people and a most helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank You!! We are so excited that you enjoyed our Suites. We take great pride in our hotel and reviews like yours make us all feel like all of our hard work has been noticed by our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the friendliest hotels I've been to. Above and beyond normal service, the nicest people you could imagine.

Rooms are fine. Comfy beds and pillows and very clean. Pool is small and good for kids. Breakfast is typical American food (not great but acceptable and included).

Location is not near beach but you can get there in less than thirty minutes. It is right next to a great nature trail/boardwalk, where lots of people walk and swim. Friendly people!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Suites E, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear we have pleased another guest. We hope to see you visit us again soon.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family had a terrible experience at this hotel. We arrived late and were told our reservation had been given to someone else (even though the reservation guarantee stated we had until 7 a.m. the next morning to cancel our room). The staff was unsympathetic, defensive and uncaring. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DeeLB
Comfort Suites E, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I apolagize for my staff making you feel unwanted or unvalued. I will look into this situation and use this as a learning tool to improve our guest relations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Sleep Inn
#21 of 39 in Destin
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard

Been to Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!