“Nicest Comfort Suites is in Niceville, FL!”

Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed May 17, 2012

What a great hotel - location was perfect for us, everything was very clean, front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating to our requests, breakfast was good. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah R

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were able to extend our spring break by one day so we decided to book a hotel around Destin. I thought it seemed a bit out of the way but the experience was definitely worth it! We arrived at the beginning of a manager's welcome and had free wine and appetizers...great surprise considering we were dragging three young kids from the beach. The room was very clean and we were very impressed at the staff...from the cleaning, to food, to front desk/mgmt, they were all very personable and helpful! They make this hotel one you'll one to return to when you're back in the area.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed April 17, 2012

It's a new hotel so four stars out of five is a gimme. In all actuality, I give it a just above average. Comfort Inn and Suites has come along way over the years. I enjoy staying in the hotels when they are convient to my itenerary. This hotel comes just as expected. The room was clean and the staff, friendly. The breakfast is one step up from a random 2-star motel. Choice hotels should really work on enhancing their breakfast menu. The coffee is just normal. The eggs are blah. The mystery meat, I wouldn't know because I wouldn't eat it. The old lady running the breakfast area was rather snooty it appeared. She probably didn't want to be there any more than I did. As for price, this hotel was about $20 less per night than the HIE and Hampton down the road. Still, a stay in Destin close to the beach is only 10% more cost. I don't know why Niceville is so expensive. So, the hotel was just as good as Choice Hotels is willing to make it.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were suppose to stay at Destin, but had a difficult time getting a hotel. We drove 30 more mins. to northwest and found this hotel. Our plan was to stay only for one night and try the next to get a hotel at Destin. But since the hotel was very impressive, we didn't mind driving 30 mins to Destin. The hotel was very clean. Hotel looks new, I think it is. The room and bathroom were big. The complimentary breakfast was good. Everything I expect and look for a hotel was there. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I didn't fully enjoy my stay. It wasn't horrible but it could have been better. My room was very cold! And as I tried to stay warm in bed I noticed crumbs in my bed from someone elses stay previous to me. That totally creeped me out! Luckily I was in a room with 2 beds so switched beds! The ppl at the front desk were very nice though. Service was wonderful but the cleaning was questionable!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Excellent service provided as soon as I walked through the door! I have had a terrible long day traveling and to make matters worst I received an email saying that they had cancel my hotel due to overbooking si after dealing with hotels.com they found and upgraded my stay at a near by hotel! Long story short the wonderful lady at the front desk of the Comfort suites in Niceville, fl "Joyce" made my night she answered every question I had, took care of all my concerns and checked me inn with no problems at all! Need more ppl like her in this planet. Hotel is wonderful , will stay here again! Anytime.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Though not right on the gulf coast, should you need a place to stay in Niceville, FL, the Comfort Suites is the place to stay! A friend and I went to Niceville for a Charismatic Conference at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church and decided to stay at the Comfort Suites. It's a great, non-smoking, wonderful smelling hotel. The rooms are spacious and have a couch to sit and relax on as we were enjoying some sandwiches and each other's company. The bed are sooooo comfortable. The breakfast are deliciious and the staff is so helpful. Hope you find staying at the Comfort Suites at Eglin Air Force Base (not actually on the base) in Niceville, FL, as wonderful and relaxing experience as I did. Give it a try!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had two queen size beds and was certainly spacious.