“Okay food, long wait, loud!”

Dave's New York Deli
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Newberry
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 8, 2013

For a Thursday night, this place was packed out! After adding our name to the wait list - which we were told would be 10 minutes - we learned that the restaurant takes reservations. Lines were out the door (in th rain) and it was a good 30 minutes before we were seated. The noise level was so loud, I could not hear my two friends, one seated next to me, and one across from me. I had the wings, which were pretty good, but the salad was not. And, $2.50 for a coke? For real!

3  Thank UF_Rhonda
David A, Owner at Dave's New York Deli, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Please remove this review from Dave's New York Deli. This is a review of Blue Highway Resteraunt, not Dave's New York Deli. It has been posted on both sites.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good sandwiches and varied menu. The club is giant and tasty. No skimping on the meat here. Sadly I once ordered the veggie burger. Advertised with cheese mushrooms and fried onions. If had the veggie burger other places and usually like the brand. This was awful. I thing the nuked to burger and the onion mushrooms and cheese were invisible. If you go, order anything else. Also an overpowering flavor of a1 sauce an d not sign of a rich cheesy flavor.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

You could tell these people were enthusiastic about their food. Had a great sandwich. I'll be stopping in again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The only thing not authentic NY about this place is the warm friendly staff. I'm sure the rest of the food is great too, but I just can't seem to get past the steaming hot pastrami every time I order. I don't know what baggage the reviewer who panned the service brought in with him, but I have NEVER found the staff anything less then jovial and inviting; of course I have never unlocked the door of someone else's business after closing time to let in strangers, either.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

One of our favorite lunch spots. Get there early - the lines get long - everyone in town is willing to wait, because it's just that good. The turkey Reuben is to die for. Everything we've had has been great.

1  Thank ChasMama