“for NY standards”

efficient
tastey
freshly squeezed oj
busy spot
better than the supermarket bagels

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place is fantastic and very fresh. All baked that morning. Make sure you don't sleep in, cause when they're out, they're out.

1  Thank Adam L
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just went there for breakfast, and midweek it was a "hoppin" place, small parking lot was full, and everyone rushing around, but the bagels were wonderful

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We come to New Smyrna once a year, and we eat breakfast here every morning of the week! They have over 20 kinds of bagels, and over 7 kinds of cream cheese! All of it is homemade, and delicious, and SO CHEAP! My favorite is the blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese. They have plenty of bagel breakfast sandwiches to choose from too, which my husband gets. The Surfer is excellent! He also likes the salmon/cream cheese bagel. It's a simple yet amazing little place. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm a New Smyrna native that's been going to Bagel World for over 10 years... The bagels aren't baked on premesis, but that doesn't matter... They're still good and fresh. The ordering process is a little tricky if there are lots of people waiting to order. As people stand waiting for their take out order, you can't tell if they've ordered already or are waiting to pay or to still place an order.

My major complaint is that I have seen the cashier touch money and bagels without washing hands inbetween. It really grosses me out! I used to work at another food service business in town that made employees wash hands after helping every customer. I don't care if food handlers don't wear gloves, but just don't touch money, cash registers, hair, face, etc. without washing your hands immediately afterwards (before touching my food).

Also, the business doesn't appear to be too clean... It could use a decent scrub every now and then.

Otherwise, I do enjoy the breakfast sandwiches that I've been getting for so many years.