Overall it is a good price for a hotel situated on the beach with ocean views that offers 2 tv's, separate bedroom, mini kitchen (sink, small fridge with freezer, microwave, cabinets, silverware, plates, & coffee pot), pull-out sofa and balcony with seating. The mattress to the pull-out couch in our room really needed replaced. It was not only uncomfortable because so old but more importantly it was badly stained. Also the room had a smell to it. Our other major issue was soon after checking in and unloading all our stuff for a family of 5 we realized the tv in the living room didn't work. The front desk offered some suggestions to try and fix it but none worked. Finally the next day they did send someone to fix it and they ended up having to replace the tv. Really wish issues like that were fixed before check-in. We want to vacation and relax not deal with repairs. Also nothing offered for not having a working tv for our first night and morning or having a repairman in our room. The repair man was very nice though. Also when trying to get ready for dinner our first night went to use hair dryer and when I turned it on to use on my daughter it made a horrible sound and started smoking instantly. Luckily I turned it off very quickly and she just had to go to dinner with really wet hair as did everyone. They did replace it also the next day. This hotel did appear to be an older place and it showed some. Mainly in the bathroom around the shower and toilet. Also in the fact the door to our room must not have closed tightly because it rattled loudly, waking us up, whenever anyone else in our hall open and closed their door. Overall everything was clean and the extra space was appreciated. The balcony was very nice to enjoy but both evenings a large cockroach came out to join us. I really don't like those but at least there were none in our room. There was a small pool with chairs on site that looked fine but we didn't use. The wifi was generally ok but sometimes got kicked off and I really didn't like that it wouldn't work on the balcony. The beach was nice and there were people renting chairs & umbrellas out front as well as boogie boards and bicycles. They also sold food and drinks. There was a good bagel shop very close as well as other restaurants & bar which you could walk to. This was good since there is no breakfast included. They do have a restaurant on site to buy breakfast though if you want. We didn't eat there during our stay. There was a CVS within walking distance. We walked down the beach to the boardwalk area which was under a mile away where there was a great ice cream place, restaurants, gift shops and rentals for different vehicles to drive around the area including on the beach. This beach does allow vehicles to drive on it but it didn't bother us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel & Suites is located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. Our balconies offer a breath-taking view of the ocean where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise or enjoy the activities on the beach. Our Seascape Restaurant has the coast's best view of the ocean with spectacular sunrises. In addition to our beautiful beach, you can view shuttle launches or rockets from the Cape or visit Orlando's attractions, both of which are a short drive away. The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel and Suites is host to a myriad of events during the Daytona 500 and Bike Week. Our Best Western-Oceanfront is a 100% non-smoking hotel and look forward to serving you soon! We love our guests and we will treat you right! Please note: guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in. We no longer accept pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Smyrna Beach (Daytona Beach) Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Holiday Inn