Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Islander Beach Resort(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Vista(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Oceania Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
Seahorse Inn Beach Side(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Sands Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
All-suite Motel(Edgewater)
1,051 results
All reviewshotel restaurantholiday innocean viewnew smyrnabedroom suitefull size fridgeliving areagreat place to staydefinitely stay here againget awaycoffee makeracross the streetnice poolcan't wait to go backflagler avenuekitchenettebw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Good:
This property is located right on the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are very large, almost like a condo or apartment. Our room had a spacious bathroom, a separate living room with a kitchen, full-size fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, etc.
Rooms have an outdoor balcony with nice views. Sometimes other room balconies feel too close for comfort, but overall it's a nice feature.
Breakfast is served in a little restaurant on site and is cheap. Nothing fancy but is a good enough way to start the day.

The Bad:
We checked in late (past 11 pm) and were tired after a long day of traveling. We arrived in our room, got unpacked, and had just settled down to bed when we heard a loud commotion at the door. I went and checked and the security guard was trying to barge in. He stated that the room was supposed to be unoccupied. It turns out the guard does rounds and checks each room in the hotel to make sure empty rooms are unoccupied, which seemed to hint at possible security issues at the property in the past.
In the process of the mixup (front desk had not added us to the guard's list of occupied rooms) the guard destroyed the locking latch above the door. The front desk told us that we "should feel safe" for one night and that the maintenance staff would fix in the morning at 8 a.m.

Next morning , my wife and I had breakfast, killed some time, and returned to find that the door was still not fixed. It took another call to the front desk to get maintenance to make the repair. Front desk staff seemed confrontational about the whole thing, like it was our fault or we were being a pain.

The Ugly:

We received a new set of "clean" towels that were full of long black hairs.

Overall, this is pretty middle of the road property that offers a great value for families or large groups (our room could easily sleep 6-9 people) but is far from the best in NSB. I recommend the new Hampton Inn on Flagler as a better option for couples or those seeking a cleaner environment.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I'm sorry you were not as impressed with our hotel as I would like for you to be. We completed a 4 plus million dollar renovation and my staff and I try to ensure each and every guest is completely satisfied. We offer our famous 2+2+2 breakfast special which I've had at my hotels since the early 80's. Great value not cheap and the locals love it. The dining room has the most awesome view of the beach from the second floor. We have addressed the issue with the secuity department regarding inspecting vacant rooms each night.
We are the only oceanfront hotel in New Smyrna Beach and ranked as the #1 Best Western in the State of Florida with customer satisfaction surveys.
Thank you again and perhaps on your next visit we can "WOW" you. We hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March. We paid extra for a Sea front room as opposed to a Sea view room - all rooms are sea view. I room wasn't actually sea front but at a 45 degree angle to it. This was okay but it meant we got very little sun (we were on the north side). In March we just started to get direct sun at about 5pm. Later in the year I guess you would get more.
The hotel was okay but the decore was poor - see pictures. Brown and yellow carpets and while it was a new kitchen, it had lots of cupboards with no handles on any of them and the only means to cook was a microwave.
Also while as such clean it was poorer than most hotels. Our balcony had a large sticky area when we arrived - I would stay someone spilled beer or something there. The point is it should have been cleaned. Also I spilled a bit of coffee on the floor one day. I thought I cleaned it all up but realised later in the day that I had missed a bit but the appartment had been cleaned in the meantime so clearly the tiled floor in the kitchen part wasn't cleaned as part of it.
The location is about 1km from Flagler St, the main shopping etc area. Now it is a quite road walk or even along the beach but it is not next door.
At over $200 a night (when you include the taxes etc), yes the view was great, staff what we saw of them were friendly, the room was okay nothing more, but you are paying for the view.
By the way a Public's very close by (walking distance) and do visit the Canaveral National park about 12 Km away - well worth visiting for just $5.

Room Tip: Ask for a full direct Sea facing room or one on the south side to get the most sun. All rooms have a good view of the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your review and agree, the view of the ocean is amazing which is why people come for a visit. Thank you.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff are very friendly, they helped me and my Girlfriend out several times during our stay, Rooms are very clean and have an awesome view, real nice town, everyone makes you feel at home! We definitely will be staying again !!! To the staff at the hotel, enjoy the rum cake :) !!

Room Tip: Ocean view is awesome!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so very much. It always pleases me when we have a happy guest. It tells me my staff is working hard to take care of you.
Stay warm up your way and hope we can be of service soon.
Richard Vyse & Staff

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have family in New Smyrna Beach, and so have stayed in town many times before in different types of accommodations. My parents stayed at this hotel years ago when it was under different ownership, and based on their experience I was a little nervous about staying here, despite good reviews. I should not have been worried - TripAdvisor reviewers did not let me down.

Check-in was quick and easy. We stayed on the 4th floor, and our room was clean and very spacious. The room had a hallway which connected the bathroom to the right, which was spacious enough for several of us getting ready in the morning; a bedroom with two good-sized beds and a nice-sized closet; and a living area on the left. The living area included a sleeper sofa, chair and coffee table, a square dining table with three chairs, and a kitchenette area with a nice-sized fridge, microwave, and cabinetry (no stove or oven).

The spaces were clean and while I wouldn't exactly call them fancy, they were nice and comfortable - not outdated or worn at all. Best of all, the balcony was large enough for a couple of chairs and had a great view of the beach. It was on the cold side while we were there, but I can imagine that in warmer weather it would be wonderful to open the door and hear the waves crashing on the shore nearby. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and could see staying here for a week or more on vacation - there was enough of a condo feel to make breakfast and lunch in the room, and then go out for dinner. Which, let's face it, is part of vacation...not cooking every meal.

The two things that kept me from rating this property a little higher? First, that there is not an included breakfast (which is not unusual for Best Western affiliated properties), although there is a restaurant on property and other options nearby. I just prefer that included in a hotel. The other thing was that we did experience a glitch upon check-out. We were overcharged on the room by a substantial amount. Luckily, my husband thought something seemed strange about the rate compared to what I had mentioned, and brought it to me. I confirmed the issue and brought it to the attention of the desk staff, who were nice about it and immediately corrected the problem - so it was not an issue in the end, other than a slight delay in our departure. The rate was correct on the document when I checked in, and I had the confirmation to show them, which was fortunate and probably helped speed the correction. However, this is a plus in the customer service area for me - mistakes happen, but it is how they are corrected that counts.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you and I'll gladly take your 4 Bubble score. You did a great job describing our hotel and your reason for your score, thank you.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during Speed Week. Family with 2 young kids. Everything was great from lots of parking, comfy beds, quiet room to a cheap good breakfast.
Friendly staff and right on the beach with great view...thanks we will be back

• Stayed: February 2013
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much. I love the "King of Queens" and glad we had a celebrity with us. Seriously, we appreciate the nice comments and very excited your stay was a very good one. We appreciate your business.

Richard & Staff