This property is located right on the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are very large, almost like a condo or apartment. Our room had a spacious bathroom, a separate living room with a kitchen, full-size fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, etc.
Rooms have an outdoor balcony with nice views. Sometimes other room balconies feel too close for comfort, but overall it's a nice feature.
Breakfast is served in a little restaurant on site and is cheap. Nothing fancy but is a good enough way to start the day.
We checked in late (past 11 pm) and were tired after a long day of traveling. We arrived in our room, got unpacked, and had just settled down to bed when we heard a loud commotion at the door. I went and checked and the security guard was trying to barge in. He stated that the room was supposed to be unoccupied. It turns out the guard does rounds and checks each room in the hotel to make sure empty rooms are unoccupied, which seemed to hint at possible security issues at the property in the past.
In the process of the mixup (front desk had not added us to the guard's list of occupied rooms) the guard destroyed the locking latch above the door. The front desk told us that we "should feel safe" for one night and that the maintenance staff would fix in the morning at 8 a.m.
Next morning , my wife and I had breakfast, killed some time, and returned to find that the door was still not fixed. It took another call to the front desk to get maintenance to make the repair. Front desk staff seemed confrontational about the whole thing, like it was our fault or we were being a pain.
We received a new set of "clean" towels that were full of long black hairs.
Overall, this is pretty middle of the road property that offers a great value for families or large groups (our room could easily sleep 6-9 people) but is far from the best in NSB. I recommend the new Hampton Inn on Flagler as a better option for couples or those seeking a cleaner environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel & Suites is located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. Our balconies offer a breath-taking view of the ocean where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise or enjoy the activities on the beach. Our Seascape Restaurant has the coast's best view of the ocean with spectacular sunrises. In addition to our beautiful beach, you can view shuttle launches or rockets from the Cape or visit Orlando's attractions, both of which are a short drive away. The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel and Suites is host to a myriad of events during the Daytona 500 and Bike Week. Our Best Western-Oceanfront is a 100% non-smoking hotel and look forward to serving you soon! We love our guests and we will treat you right! Please note: guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in. We no longer accept pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Smyrna Beach (Daytona Beach) Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Holiday Inn