“views and value”

Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I ditto all said in positive reviews for this hotel, but what I will add is how wonderful that NSB's only large hotel is also so attractive. Yes, you heard right, this small town with only condos lining its shores is an undisovered treasure...excellent beaches for walking and even bike riding, not bad swimming although the nature of the shoreline keeps the entry pretty shallow, many outstanding restaurants and art galleries. the hotel features a nice cafe for breakfast and a beachfront pool, small but charming. A far cry from the noisy bling of southern Florida. A stay at this hotel introduces you to a part of Fla that might be new to you. try it. Rates are more than reasonable: I paid $116 for an oceanfront suite in Sept. I will return in winter.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank idthomas
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

thank you for the outstanding remarks about our hotel. It is very much appreciated. We look forward to serving you again this winter.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel has been completely renovated and they have done a fabulous job with the room decor, lobby and swimming pool. Check in was very quick and the service from all the staff completely exceeded my expectations. The General Manager was extremely friendly and made us feel at home whenever we spoke to him. His staff portrayed the same attitude - every request was met with a smile and "It would be my pleasure." The view from our suite/balcony was absolutely breathtaking. I will definitely plan another trip to Florida and book my entire holiday here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim R
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We're very excited about the renovations and you're right, "The Best View" in Florida. We look forward to serving you again real soon the next time you're in Florida.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I loved my visit from begging to the end. The staff was very hospitable. I can't wait to go back. Everytime I'm there I will definetly stay at this hotel without a doubt! Everything I needed the staff was prompt to deliver it. My balcony overlooked the ocean & it was the perfect way to wakeup and fall asleep. There were several choices for food through out the city. The staff was very knowledgable of what's around the town and gave excellent segestions for place to see and places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lescine
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We're very excited you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again real soon. thank you.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We returned to the Holiday Inn- New Smyrna beach in June to spend a day after we returned from a cruise. As always the hotel did not disappoint! We were upgraded to a larger room which was fantastic! The hotel was undergoing some renovations but it did not bother us at all. We were told by the front desk staff that the renovations would be complete in the Fall and the hotel would be changing to a Best Western. I hope the change is in name only and all the great aspects of this hotel are kept!

Our room had not yet been renovated but it was clean and exactly what we needed. We spent the day on the beach and some time in the pool. We walked a short walk down the beach to Flagler ice cream.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant enjoying the 2-2-2 (really hoping this stays with the change to BW!) You can't beat the value, the friendly service, and really tasty food!

I will be watching reviews in hopes that all the value and charm will stay at this hotel under the new name. If it does, we will be back hopefully many, many times!

Room Tip: Highest rooms are great to watch dolphins out by the wave breaks. We prefer the north facing rooms b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shel28
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Outstanding and most appreciated. Our staff does try very hard to make everyone's stay a GREAT one.Thank you and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We live less than a hour away from NSB, and have been looking for decent beachfront lodging that won't break the bank. After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked the Best Western since it was (and currently is on the 6-8 floors) recently renovated. Fantastic rate through the Best Western website - $125.00 per night plus tax - beachfront suite. Can't beat that! I've lived in Florida my entire life and rarely have found a beachfront rate around that pricing. That also made me skeptical. Rooms have had a complete overhaul; I will update the review with pictures as soon as they are pulled from the camera. It felt like we had a 1 bedroom apartment on the beach - we could have easily extended our stay.

The beachfront cafe is open from 7a - 2p. We had a breakfast of eggs, bacon and 2 hot cakes for $2.22 (w/purchase of a qualifying beverage), with a gorgeous view of the Sunday sunrise.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Nice group of ladies.

Can't say enough positives about this find, except we will be back - soon!

4  Thank Jackpot82
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for the great reviews, much appreciated. I see you were unable to give us 5 bubbles on all scores and would welcome the opportunity to know why. This will allow me to make the necessary cahnges for future guests. We strive for the very best. If inclined to do so, my personal email address is hinsb@msn.com and would love to hear from you.
We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We just visited the Best Western (formerly Holiday Inn) at New Smyrna. We have been going there for years. It has always been a great place to stay. The recent remodeling is beautiful. Fresh new look to lobby and rooms. But what makes this hotel a place we go back to 4-6 times a year, is the staff. They are like our extended family. All of them from gen. mgr. to housekeeping are friendly, gracious, and will go out of their way to make - not only our visits - but all guest visitors' vacations- one to remember. It is not often you find the continuity of staff as at this hotel.and this helps to make the hotel a special place. Also, the restaurant has great staff and excellent breakfasts. Plan a trip soon to the Best Western New Smyrna Beach and you will not be disappointed. It is the only hotel that is oceanfront.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice ocean view but if you can get oceanfront you can see beach in both directions.
1  Thank l d
Richard V, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We appreciate all the very nice things you said about our hotel and staff and look forward to serving you again real soon. It is always a pleasure to serve you and your recently retired husband. With reirement that means you can come visit more often.
Thank care and "Thanks"once again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay in this property over Labor Day weekend, 2012. I was amazed at the value! In addition to being on a highly desirable portion of the beach, the suite was spacious (with a completley separate bedroom), clean and wonderfully laid-out. The staff was courteous and seemed to be genuinely appreciative that I stayed there. Parking was ample and close to the entrance/elevators. With a restaurant on-site and large pool, there was little need for us to leave. I highly recommend this propery and look forward to my next stay there!

3  Thank rwsikes
Richard-GM-CHA, General Manager at Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

The staff and I are very pleased you were so happy with our place. We try very hard to make our guests happy and that you enjoy the new renovated rooms and hotel. We look forward to serving you again real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Best Western Edgewater Inn
Ocean Trillium Suites
Ocean Trillium Suites
#1 of 21 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!