All reviewsevery summermany yearsunitsfurniturepoolupgradesbeachgrandkidscomfort
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We've been going here every summer for many years. We love the fact that it is smaller and quieter than high-rise condos. Nothing fancy here but upgrades are underway. The furniture is new and some units have new flooring. There were a couple of housekeeping issues this time which we haven't experienced before. Also, the current company,Exploria, is less flexible in certain matters than previously.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Great visit.
This is my 4th or 5th time with Ocean Sands. This was my first stay at Ocean Beach Club condo's
The view is wonderful. Full ocean front patio.
I enjoyed having the dryer in the unit. That was a big plus.
The unit was clean, furniture and appliances upgraded.
Better kitchen utensils would have been nice. I enjoy cooking, so I do prepare a couple of meals at the condo instead of eating out all the time.
The biggest improvement needed is the quality of the sheets. I did take the sheets off and wash them in fabric softener to be a little more comfortable. Next time I will bring a set of high thread count sheets.
The staff is very friendly and responsive.
I love the place so I'll be back, with my own sheets and a sharp kitchen knife.
This beach is perfect for me and my husband.
The condo is roomy, with a great view, the beach is quiet, there are a few things for us to get out an sightsee and have a little fun.

Room Tip: Unit 8 & 4 have an ocean front view
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

Pool and ocean right at your doorstep. Family friendly as a smaller location. New Smyrna is not as commercialized as other locations so definitely relaxing. Friendly staff, full kitchens, comfortable furniture all dressed for the days at the Beach. St. Augustine and Orlando within hour drive to spend time at some great Disney or sight seeing.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Christina P
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

I owned a unit at Ocean Sands for a few years before moving to Ocean Beach Club. Found the units to feel small and crowded for any more than 3 people. Much happier next door at Ocean Beach Club, although the resorts were better before they were managed by Exploria

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Great place, clean, nice staff. Just steps away from the beach. They will be renovating later this year - will look awesome! The noise is the only issue - some people don't take into consideration there are others staying there as well.

Stayed: July 2016