The Riverview Hotel
$174
$159
$155
Nocturne Motel(New Smyrna Beach)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
Buena Vista Inn(New Smyrna Beach)
All reviewscontinental breakfasthistoric hotelbreakfast deliveredrestaurant next doorturn down servicenew smyrnafree bikesriver viewmodern amenitiesthe bed was super comfortablelarge flat screen tvno elevatorrooms are smallflagler avenuelobby areaevery morningthe inter coastal
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I just kept saying how charming this place was. If I were to stay here again, I would ask for pool side. We looked out at a wall the whole time on the other side. I think it was the side of the restaurant and people stopped outside our room coming from the restaurant saying their goodbyes and chatting. The pool was surprisingly cold. I would have loved to have swam more but just couldn't for the temperature. The hotel is in a great location. The people who run the place are wonderful. It has a bed and breakfast feel to it. I could have used more room in the bath to put my stuff, I ended up using the window sill. The bed slept wonderfully and I loved the little touches the rooms have. The lobby has cookies, apples, tea and coffee all day long, which was great when you needed something to hold you over while getting ready to go out.

Room Tip: I think I would have liked the second floor a little better for privacy. Everyone walked by our room going out of the hotel, on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Riverview Hotel was a great place. We used the introductory offer on the economy rooms and was very pleased. The staff was beyond helpful and the complimentary breakfast served to your room was a treat. The pool area was great and the drive on beach was just blocks away. Restaurants were close by . Very comfortable beds and large screen TV. We would come back again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have stairs. Rooms are priced according to views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Quaint little old hotel by the river that dates back to 1885. Great location. Clean but the room we had was small. Heat and AC not controllable in room. Seating was not comfortable for two people with one straight chair and one barrel chair. No hangers in closet. Not enough towel racks or place to hang wet washcloths in tub/shower. Very little space to set things in bathroom. This room had French door out onto a little porch with a double bench and little table. Close walking distance to little shops. Very meager continental breakfast that is included with the room. You mark a menu the night before with a designated time and your breakfast is delivered to your room. You can also order a bigger breakfast for a charge. A nice feature was the little cubbies on either side of the bed to put things you might need in the night with a little goose neck reading light that would not disturb another sleeper. There was ample room to stow suitcases to get them out of the tight space. Don't know that I would stay there if visiting New Smyrna again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My fiancé and I decided it was time to for a romantic getaway, so we chose The Riverview Hotel because of its great reviews. Our stay was amazing. The room had amazing views with our own private balcony. The staff was amazing; everyone was so nice. To top it off we loved the complimentary breakfast that was brought to our room every morning. We will definitely be back!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We used The Riverview Hotel as our base during a four day long boy’s weekend trip. Our trip and the Riverview Hotel exceeded all our expectations. It was historic, but updated with modern amenities including a large screen television. The staff was courteous, accommodating and professional. The location was perfect for a short walk to the beach or just on the edge of the nightly entertainment. The area felt very safe to walk late at night to hear music from the many open door bands playing along Flagler Avenue. The pool was the best, heated just right to enjoy evening swims after a long day of playing hard. The beds were super comfy along with two types of pillows. I would recommend this hotel over any chain brand and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family