“Annual girl's retreat”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Annual girl's retreat”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just back from another 2 night visit to my favourite hotel in New Smyrna Beach! We stayed in room 307 which has 2 double beds, and they are soooo comfortable, and lovely sheets and duvet covers. Had spa treatments on both days, and of course loved them as usual. Ate at Riverview Grille both nights, once with room service, and the other on the deck overlooking the river. Food is always great. The staff is wonderful at all 3 places. If you haven't stayed here, give yourself a treat. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want 2 double beds, I recommend 304 on the first floor, or 307 on the second.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
william h, General Manager at The Riverview Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you chose to stay with us once again for your annual girl's retreat. We really appreciate your great comments. I am happy you enjoy the Grille at the Riverview. We look forward to seeing you again for your next Annual Girl's Retreat. -William Geller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
abower83
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here for the Daytona500 race weekend. We were a family of 4 adults and an infant in a crib. I have mostly great things to say about the Riverview. What struck me was how kind, conversational and helpful the staff was. They loved our son, he's quite a ham for attention so no surprise. But they offered great advice and did everything we would expect to accommodate the family. That said, I was bummed out to arrive and find they didn't have a crib or pack n play onsite for our son. I thought I'd spoken to someone when booking who said they did...so we ended up spending $45 on one at WalMart. Not irreparable, but it seems like any hotel would have onsite just in case. (yea, most likely their clientele is mostly adult). Anywho, i feel like i have to stress that we got over that fast because we had a lovely porch that our son ran around on all the time, his favorite was the drawbridge going up and down on the north causeway. I read other reviews that raved about that restaurant next door. For sure it was convenient but it got loud on Friday night with all the car and people traffic. Other lovely touches--continental breakfast in bed each morning, delicious chocolate mints on the pillows, seriously comfy pillows. I also loved the all white bedding and fluffy towels and terry robes. I wouldn't be fair if i didn't say a couple things which i didn't live: our feet were black and sticky if we walked around without shoes, white socks turned black. the sofa bed in the exec suite is bit more uncomfortable than we'd have liked for the price. However, i don't want to end on a bad note. I would recommend this to others who enjoy something a little different when traveling to the beach....which is a lovely four block walk away on the fun Flagler avenue.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed our customer service. We work very hard to see that our guest are taken care of in every respect. I am very sorry to hear that a crib was not available when you arrived, I immediately went out and bought a brand new crib the next day. To be honest we had one, so when I saw your review I was confused. Soon after I found out it was not in working order and the message had not gotten to me yet. I can now ashore you we will have a crib available upon your next return. Regarding your other comment about the floor, I have my house keeping staff on it at the moment. We do in fact vacuum the floor every day, so I was also surprised to here this was a issue. Thank you for your very helpful comments and look forward to seeing you upon your next stay. -William Heller
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to stay here for a couple of nights. The staff was wonderful..very friendly, helpful, and just made me feel very comfortable. The room was very clean the bed was super comfortable! The pool is heated and it made for great morning swims. I will be back next year for my retreat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fjk1985
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were in New Smyrna for business and chose to stay here because of some recomendations by some friends. The staff were really nice and catered to anything we needed. The rooms were really clean and comfy. This is definitly not your typical hotel chain such as a Best Western. Luckely i got a chance to see one of their newley renovated rooms at was happy they were staying true to the uniqueness of the hotel. I will definitly be back so i can really get a chance to enjoy the visit.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jgreen0
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is charming and has a wonderful mix of 'old Florida' with modern comforts. The staff is very accommodating and informative. The rooms are well apointed. And the small extras were greatly appreciated including a gift bag of enticements and samples from the spa, the top notch L'Occitane amenities in the bath, the plush robes, even well thought out down to the black 'make up' towel in the bath among the other soft white towels. The details helped to make this stay memorable.

The walking distance restaurants, along with the on site Grille, offer great dining options. Definately easy to fill a short stay.

We enjoyed this experience so much, we are already booked for another stay in just a couple of months! I recommend this property to Florida residents looking for a getaway that doesn't have to be on the beach (since we live here). The river is enjoyable with its dophins surfacing with the wake of boats idling by, and the ocean is a short walk away. And for those non-Floridians, it will give you a taste of old Florida with all the excitement of the new nearby.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stay here for our anniversary almost every year; this is despite having our own condo on the beach at New Smyrna. I love older B & Bs and this is one of the best. Great service and the spa is always an additional treat!

Room Tip: The Executive Suite on the second floor has a separate sitting area with couch, desk, TV to add some...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
william h, General Manager at The Riverview Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words and loyalty to our establishment. We always do our best to exceed our guest expectations, especially when we know its a special occasion such as a anniversary. Happy Anniversary and we hope to see your again next year. Kind Regards -William Heller General Manager
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My new husband and I were surprised with a two night stay starting the night after our wedding. Neither of us had ever stayed here before and we were both very happy with it. We live in New Smyrna Beach and as we all know it is a very small town. While we were there noone but the people who got the room for us knew where we were and this hotel was so cozy and quiet we had privacy the whole time. We loved that it was in walking distance to exceptional breakfast, lunch and dinner spots. We were able to enjoy the relaxing pool area of the Spa at Riverview and also dinner at the Grille at Riverview which was pricey but worth every penny. We also really enjoyed getting our continental breakfast delivered to our room, our patio view of the river and the drawbridge. The woman at the front counter was always so nice and also got ice for us when we needed it. And this may sound silly but both my husband, and i thought the TV was awesome. It felt like you were there. We were so very pleased with every aspect of our stay, we would definitely stay there again!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all our luxurious amenities. We are glad you got to try out one of our newly renovated rooms with our 46" flat screen T.V.s. It is very nice to hear that all of our hard work has payed off. We are continuing our renovation through the hotel, so upon your return we can't wait to should you all of our additional renovations. Till next time kind regards - William Heller General Manager