I have to say, I had high expectations after reading all the reviews. I bought a groupon, and tried booking right away, but they were sold out for all weekends.I had to pay extra to extend the groupon. The room was spacious, we stayed at a honeymoon suite with river and bridge view.we saw dolphins play in the river which was nice, just the noise is a little annoying.I also wish there was a thermostat in each room.they must have had the AC down to 70 or less, it was really cold, especially when it is mid 80 outside.I had a sore throat because of that. They do serve breakfast to your room which is a nice add on service, including the morning newspaper.don't expect too much from breakfast though, no eggs or toast.just a little fruit and tiny pastries (we got two mini cinnamon buns), with coffee and orange juice. At night they have a turn down service, we listened to this long speech that they would get the bed ready, empty the garbage and put chocolates out etc. Our room was missed which was very disappointing. We told the front desk but were not offered anything in exchange. The bottle of wine for the room was a nice add on though, they even give you ice, as well as the cookies and apples downstairs. It's a cute hotel, but all in all I would not stay there again.even with the groupon the value was just not there (also because of the extra fee we had to pay). But all in all I would give it more than three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach