“A True Family Friendly Resort”

Islander Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Glasgow, Kentucky
Reviewed April 13, 2005

My wife, 6 year old daughter and I stayed at the Islander on April 2-9, 2005. We stayed in unit 508. We have been here many times. This is a timeshare Condo but we do not own a timeshare. We just rent. This place is always a great pick. The units are not fashionable but they are very clean and well equipped. I cannot say enough about the staff and their friendly attitude. My daughter enjoys the daily Kids Club. There are planned activities everyday. The pool is large (for a condo establishment) and offers great vistas of the ocean from your lounge chair. If you do not have to have the Ritz and just want good clean family fun (that has been consistent for us 10 plus years) then this is the place for you. We will back in June.

• Stayed: April 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Detroit, MI
Reviewed March 8, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Islander. We had a great time. The resort is quite attractive, has a very nice pool and lounge area, and is well-positioned on the ocean. The beach, although somewhat damaged by the recent hurricanes, offers a very scenic and beautiful place to walk. Our visit there was excellent and we would definitely return.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canton, OH
Reviewed December 5, 2004

The Islander has the best of both worlds...the beach is not overly developed, but if you want a faster pace, Daytona is 30 minutes away and Orlando is less than 2 hours away! The Islander is a place where kids can have fun and adults can relax as well. The staff is very friendly and the property continues to improve and develop. I keep thinking I will trade to another property, but then I ask myself, why? We love the Islander and we look forward to many more years enjoying it as well!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2004

we swapped two weeks from our timeshare in the dominican republic and stayed at the islander beach, which we found to be in an exellent location with breathtaking views out over the atlantic, rooms were well appointed and comfortable, staff especialy Nancy were polite and helpful, not what one would rate as 5 star accomodation but still well worth a visit, so much so we booked a week next year.

10  Thank Paul R
Port Perry, ON CA
Reviewed March 5, 2004

We have been enjoying our years of being a time share owner at the Islander. but we found the 700.00 US restoration fee outrageous. We would like to sell our 3 weeks but find it very difficult to find anyone who will buy it. As we live in Ontario we can not use the Islander other than on our holidays so we feel we are not getting our money's worth. The resort itself is a wonderful place to stay.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ontario
Reviewed March 4, 2004

the islander is a great resort, i have been visiting there since i was born, i am now 16. and my dad has visited there before i was born as well, the management are very friendly and helpful. i know most of the employees on a first name basis. the rooms are great, very comfortable. the pool is always clean and the new hot tub is a great addition. the beach is clean and well maintained, and even on the weekends the beach is never too crowded. the restaurant is reasonably priced and has good food and service. if you have any questions you can email me. --- i would recommend the islander to anyone looking for a great vacation. i have also been at beach resorts in st.petersburg fl. and the islander is much better than that 5 star resort.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
windsor ontario
Reviewed January 25, 2004

I have been an owner at the islander for many years. We have enjoyed many happy vacations there. however one seems to be constantly paying out money for various schemes. The re- sale value of the units is rock bottom one cannnot give them away. I am suprised no one has challanged the resort real estate people on this considering part of the hard sell back in the 1980's was that is is an investment, which as time has proved was B.S. and most people fell for it myself included. This must have happened all over florida with time share sales. I think the Florida Goverment should take a serious look at this industry and clean it up . It sure needs it

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
3 mi away
No photo provided
Nocturne Motel
#9 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Islander Beach Resort? Share your experiences!