Islander Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sea Vista(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Oceania Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
Seahorse Inn Beach Side(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Free Internet
Ocean Sands Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
All-suite Motel(Edgewater)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubtime sharestudio unitlarge poolsundaefull kitchenocean frontsecond weekgreat poolpool towelsan older propertyqueen bednew smyrnamake your ownmany yearslove this placethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent Family resort, Great location, quiet, family friendly activities, great service, nice to relax and take it easy.Friendly service, lots of activities for kids, Game room, pool, hot tub, beach, very nice.

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank ASD28803
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I really liked the character of this place-unpretentious and friendly. The front desk staff was very attentive and greeted me every time I went by. They offered me a choice of floors and were very helpful about local attractions. For a Monday in September, the place was very busy. Lots of fishermen, travelers, and families with kids. The pool, with direct access to the Atlantic beach, was clean and attractive, with plenty of lounges and towels, and the room ( a time share rental) had a bedroom with views of the pool and ocean.
This was a great place to land at the end of a long trip. I didn't visit the spa during my visit, but it looked like a nice place.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms above the first floor have balconies overlooking the Atlantic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ann P
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This resort is what it is --- a large, fun, friendly, clean, happy place to visit. We were guests for just one night for an event. We arrived on Saturday, so were met with the mandatory 4PM check in. The desk ladies are not accommodating, but polite. They are a weekly resort, and probably need more crews of cleaning to shorten that window. The resort is definitely old, and shows it, but it is clean. I was envious of the families who were happy to see the same families year after year. I talked to many people who had been coming there since the 1980s, and I can see why. It is almost like a family camp, with loads of activities for adults and kids alike
What it is NOT - pristeen, state of the art, new, upscale, service-oriented, spacious, luxurious.

It is a place for a family to stay in relative comfort while enjoying not only the Atlantic Ocean and the huge pool, but also familiarity, friendship, activities and summertime. But not before 4PM on a Saturday.

Room Tip: We were in a very dark room overlooking parking lot. SMALL. But, for our purposes, a place to stay for a wedding, it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cantbackup
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed July 20-24. We don't have a timeshare here. It is a great place for all. Lots of families. Rooms are clean. Staff are friendly and always working hard. Right on the beach. Games and fun all day by the pool (some cost a little $). We had a 1 bedroom, pull out couch and Murphy bed, full kitchen. The one and only thing that could improve was check in time is 4p, no earlier. But we made it work. Right on the beach. My kids had a blast!! See ya next year.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Lbryan77
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was appauled that there was a manditory 4p check in with no earlier release of rooms even though we were there at 10am. 2pm is a normal check in time. I work more a major hotel chain and we try to accomidate our guests as early as the room is ready. They also make you sign a release that you have a manditory check out of 10am. That gives the guests a total of 13hrs a total of $10.22 an hour to rent this room. I was able to get a day pass and parking tag which was good since we lived out of the trunk for the day. After we got our room, there were notes on things that if we used them (like paper towels) we would have to replace or pay for them. We also had to do all our dishes or would be charged for that as well. There was no shampoo or conditioner supplied in our room. I was told by the front desk that I would have to go to Publix down the street after waiting all day to check in because their 1 an only ice machine was down. I was very unhappy especially having to get up so early to clean in order to check out so they could have 6 hrs to clean for the next guests. Also, they do not make balcony rooms available to paying guests that are not part of a timeshare. I heard guests in the lobby who felt as we did about the 4pm check in. As they released the rooms, there was a lot of people in the lobby waiting around for their turn.

Room Tip: Plan on living out of your suit case if your only going for 24hrs. Plan on getting up early for check out. Bring your own paper towels and shampoo. Dont expect a balcony...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends